Uchisar Shopping

• balhannah's Profile Photo

ANTIKITE MEHMET: Antiques & Souvenirs

by balhannah Written Jul 30, 2009

Antiques

This is a great little Antique shop nestled in amongst the other shops near the Castle.

It had souvenirs out the front, but inside it is full of interesting Turkish Anitiques. The Owner made is own hand-made copper and brass items.
    He was very helpful and told me about the different items in the shop.
    I also enjoyed a cup of Apple tea here. I bought some Souvenirs, and they were a lot cheaper than at Goreme.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

noname: Shopping in Uchisar

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Nov 11, 2008

Shopping in Uchisar

There were many souvenir shops around this place.
    A tour in Cappadocia without climbing on Uchisar Castle is not complete. A tour in Uchisar without buying something as a souvenir is not complete as well.

You can see souvenirs on the background of Cappadoccian landscapes at my Travelogue.

• ozalp's Profile Photo

Kav Kocabag: Buy local wine

by ozalp Written Jul 14, 2008

Wines of Nevsehir are famous. Turasan is a brand that you can find anywhere in Turkiye. But I heard Kocabag in Urgup first. The locals of Urgup go to buy their wines to Uchisar, because it is hard to find Kocabag even in Urgup.
    We visited the shop of Kocabag in May. You can taste the wines here. The owners were planning to have a restaurant or café at the second floor of this shop. It is hard to remember where it was exactly but I think it’s somewhere over the road between Urgup and Uchisar.
    We had drunk a bottle of “Kapadokya” of Kocabag the day before. We’d like it a lot so it was on our shopping list. I also liked “Kalecik Karasi” and bought two of them. I recommend them both, especially Kalecik Karasi. If you cannot carry them with your luggage, try to have Kocabag at dinners in this region.

What to buy: Kalecik Karasi and/or Kapadokya

What to pay: 25-40 ytl (15-20 euro or 20-35 $)

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Uchisar

Comments

Uchisar Shopping

Reviews and photos of Uchisar shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Uchisar sightseeing.