Urgup Local Customs

Most Recent Local Customs in Urgup

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Mustafa Kemal Ataturk portraits

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Oct 11, 2008

As I could notice during my trip along Turkey the Turks respect their first president Mustafa Kemal Ataturk very much. You may see his photos and portraits almost in every hotel or restaurant without saying in state and municipal buildings.

The most popular portrait is that you can see at my following pic. I’ve taken a photo in the Vera Tassaray Hotel vestibule.

Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

• ozalp's Profile Photo

Hospitality

by ozalp Written Jul 4, 2007

I experienced that tourism income spoil the people all the time. I witnessed this in many places in my country. And Cappadocia is one of the most important and famous tourist attractions in Turkey for years. So I never expected to have a warm relationship with locals. But I’ve all wrong! The people we’ve met in the area were so kind. Everybody helped us, invited us for a drink, and gave us recommendations without any expectations.
    I never forget the people of the region, old ladies who said “You can take if you aren’t journalist.” when we were taking their photos, young girl selling dolls in Soganlý valley, helpful and kind employees, nice shop owners and their smiling faces.

Instant Answers: Urgup

Comments

Urgup Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Urgup local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Urgup sightseeing.