Urgup Transportation

Our bus in Urgup
    by Kuznetsov_Sergey
    arent' tourists funny creatures?
    by chauncenetta

Most Recent Transportation in Urgup

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

How to get to Ürgüp

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Oct 11, 2008

Our bus in Urgup

Ürgüp is a town and district of Nevsehir Province 20 km to the east of Nevsehir in the Central Anatolia region. It is located in the historical region of Cappadocia.

We got to it by tourist bus on our way from Ankara via Bagazkale (Hattusas).
    You may also reach it by bus from Avanos (1 time in two hours, 30 minutes in a way), Ankara (5 times a day, 5 hours in a way), Antalya (2 times a day, 11 hours in a way), Istanbul (1 time a day, 13 hours in a way).

• chauncenetta's Profile Photo

tour guide de rigeur

by chauncenetta Written Apr 19, 2003

arent' tourists funny creatures?

Because there are great distances between the sites of Cappadocia (open air museum, underground cities, rock formations) it's kinda necessary and worth it to hire a guide. I got lucky because even though I had booked a group tour I ended up with a private tour though. The guides I met are very knowledgable in their history of the region, relaxed and accomodating, and in general a good bunch of guys. In the main drag of town there are many to choose from. If you can afford it go for the hot air ballon trip at sunrise.

Instant Answers: Urgup

Comments

Urgup Transportation

Reviews and photos of Urgup transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Urgup sightseeing.