Sanliurfa Transportation

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Exploring Sanliurfa on foot-

by suvanki Updated Aug 27, 2005

Street in the bazaar area, Sanliurfa

On foot is one of the best ways to see and experience Sanliurfa.

The main sights are all located within easy reach in the old town. Walking is often the only way to get around the sites.

On your way to 'the sights' you might see lots of things that you'd miss if you were in a taxi!

So pack some comfy shoes (plus plasters- just in case), camera , a bottle of water, and enjoy exploring!

• Study Abroad
    • Religious Travel

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

From Sanliurfa to Göreme

by MalenaN Written Dec 11, 2004

I took a night bus from Sanliurfa when I was going to Göreme. It was the bus going to Ankara so it dropped me in Aksaray. I had prepared for some hours wait but after 20 minutes I got a ride with a bus going to Sivas, past Göreme. I got the front site, next to the driver. It was the best place I could have as we were travelling east as the sun rised over Cappadocia. It was a beautiful view.
    I bought the ticket at the otogar in Sanliurfa earlier during the day, but can’t remember how much I paid. From Aksaray to Göreme I paid 5 000 000 TL on the bus.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

To Sanliurfa from Mardin

by MalenaN Written Dec 11, 2004

Just next to Otel Bilen there is a bus company office and there I bought the ticket to Sanliurfa for 10 000 000 TL. The bus left at eight in the morning from just outside the office. It was very convenient to be so close at the hotel.
    The bus ride to Sanliurfa otogar (bus station) took about 3 hours. It was the first time on the buses I took, that not only coffe, tea or coke/fanta was served, but also a cake. From the otogar the local bus was 500 000 TL and the boy working on the bus pointed at Hotel Ipek Palas when we passed and off I went at the next bus stop.

• maykal's Profile Photo

We didn't come via an easy...

by maykal Written Oct 4, 2002

We didn't come via an easy route! Having left Damascus (Syria) at 4pm, we arrived at the little used border crossing between Azaz and Kilis at around midnight. It was very lucky that there was a bus full of Iranian pilgrims on their way back home from visiting Shi'a holy sites in Syria, and they were delayed on the Turkish side of the border, so we managed to talk our way into a lift to Gaziantep. After several hours there in the dead of night, most of them spent drinking tea in a maternity hospital (the only place 'open for business'!) the hospital staff found us seats on a bus to Urfa, and we arrived extremely tired at 6am. So, it can be done!

Instant Answers: Sanliurfa

Comments

Sanliurfa Transportation

Reviews and photos of Sanliurfa transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sanliurfa sightseeing.