Sivas Restaurants

• Restaurants
    Pidecis happily working
    by Tijavi
    Pide fresh from the oven

Most Recent Restaurants in Sivas

• Pinat's Profile Photo

Büyük Merkez Lokantasi: Taste Sivas Köftesi (Meatballs) at Merkez

by Pinat Written Jun 4, 2009

It used to be a much smaller place 10 years ago but today it's one of the best restaurants of Sivas. According to me, it is "the" place to eat one of the traditional dishes of Sivas cuisine: Sivas Köftesi. They serve the meatballs with tomato, pepper and onions and it's really delicious.

Favorite Dish: Sivas Köftesi (meatballs)

Hakan Patisserie and Café: The taste of sweet Sivas

by Tijavi Updated Feb 5, 2007

Sivas' exquisite baklava

Hakan serves some of the best baklavas I tried during my trip. The pistacchio-sprinkled crusty pastry soaked and dripping with honey is a must try, great with strong black coffee. Gives you all that sugar rush as you explore Sivas' sites. Service is good, too, with very attentive staff.

The café is a gathering place for students, so you might be approached by these young people who are always eager and keen to practice their English and make new friends with tourists.

Lezzetci Sivas Mutfagi: Arguably, best place to go for local cuisine

by Tijavi Written Jul 7, 2006

This full service restaurant, recommended by the concierge, offers some of the best local dishes I've tried. I ordered the kebap plate, and its huge portions were a challenge for my small tummy (although I admit I have a big appetite). The lentil soup, by itself, was filling, as was the freshly baked ekmek (bread).

To cap off, we had Turkish coffee, which was surprisingly my first cup since arriving in Turkey more than a week back.

Favorite Dish: Local cuisine, mainly kebap

As Kaptan Pide Firini: (Turkish) pizza has never been this good

by Tijavi Updated Jun 29, 2006

Pidecis happily working

I was strolling around Sivas' side streets when my hunger-induced olfactory glands sensed something good cooking at a street corner - at As Kaptan Pide Firini - a local pizzeria selling nothing but freshly-baked pides (Turkish pizza).

In no time (and as a natural consequence of warm Turkish hospitality), a young customer who was buying loads of pide offered me one whole pizza, but shyness got the better of me, so I yanked a small portion and said my tesekkurler - only to regret it - the et pide (meat pizza) was so GOOD. But it was too late as the generous young man had taken off.

I ordered one for myself, but they had unfortunately ran out of et pide; instead, happily munched my regular pide, which was just as good. Overcome with joy from my fresh discovery (pun intended), I stayed a little longer to snap photos of the firini, and the friendly staff were more than happy to oblige.

• basak's Profile Photo

Sivas Petrol: Sivas Kebap

by basak Written Sep 7, 2005

Sivas Kebap is special food of Sivas. It is made of lamb meat, eggplant, onion and other vegetables cooked in a special oven. It is served only between June-September.

We ate Sivas Kebap at a restaurant behind a a petrol station 5 km away from Sivas city center. It has a large and nice garden. One section of the garden is designed for customers come to eat Sivas Kebap; other sections are for other meals served.

The service was very good; the kebap was tasty.

Favorite Dish: Sivas Kebap

• basak's Profile Photo

Bizim Ev (Our Home): A very authentic Restaurant

by basak Updated Sep 6, 2005
    at Bizim Ev restaurant, sivas

This is a very special place. The owner of the restaurant turned his home to a restaurant. He is a very talented man and he makes every single decoration by his hands. So he created a small heaven in his garden.

We stopped by this place for only drinking a cup of tea, however we visited the kitchen and the food looked very delicious. The staff was so friendly that they guided as around every corner of the place. They have a nice garden, they feed some animals in the garden and they have very nice decorated eating-sitting corners...

You see a picture of me taken with authantic clothes borrowed from the restaurant owners...

Instant Answers: Sivas

Comments

Sivas Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sivas restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sivas sightseeing.