Sivas Transportation

by MalenaN

Best Rated Transportation in Sivas

Sivas to Erzurum

by MalenaN Written Jul 9, 2004

As I arrived to Sivas I went to the ticketoffices on Atat?rk Caddesi to buy a ticket for Erzurum, two days ahead. It was not as easy as I thought. I wanted to leave around 8-9 o'clock but it turned out the three offices, next to each other, had buses at 11 o'clock. Okej, so then I had to leave at eleven. I went back, they all made a phonecall and in all cases it turned out all buses were allready full. In the end I took a nightbus. It left the otogar at 00.30 and arrived in Erzurum seven hours later. Both in Sivas and in Erzurum the buscompany had free service to and from the otogar. The ticket was 25 000 000 TL.

The landscape is beautiful along the way. The first part I could see the siluette of the mountains and the full moon. As it became lighter in the morning we drove through green mountain vallys with a small river by the road. And flowers were blooming. I can't remember the flowers from last year but maybe it is like somebody told me - summer is late this year.

• Tijavi's Profile Photo

Getting to Divrigi

by Tijavi Updated Jun 30, 2006

To Divrigi from Sivas, you could take Sivas Tours' mini-buses which ply the route seven times daily. Take the earliest bus at 10 AM, so you could have more time to explore the Ulu Cami-Darussifa complex and the village itself. The last trip from Divrigi leaves at 5 PM.

It is advisable that you obtain roundtrip tickets a day in advance especially during summer, as the buses could be full. Tickets could be purchased at the mini-bus terminal beside Sivas' main otogar, costing YTL 20 for the entire trip (176 kms each way).

• Tijavi's Profile Photo

The smooth ride to Sivas from Amasya

by Tijavi Updated Oct 21, 2007

Sivas' Ataturk Caddesi

With a heavy heart, I left stunning Amasya, and the transfer to Sivas was pretty smooth and straightforward (see, I told you, everything seems so perfect in Amasya!) - bought a ticket for the 10:30 AM bus to Kayseri (from Samsun, which passes through Amasya) from Kent's (the bus company) agent on Ataturk Caddesi, and got off at Sivas' otogar (bus terminal) at around 3 PM.

It was the most convenient bus schedule I found, and there are several bus companies adjacent to Kent's ticket office on Ataturk Cad. It is recommended that you make arrangements a day in advance since the bus could be full as it's originally coming from Samsun. There is a free servis (mini-bus) from Kent's office to Amasya's otogar.

• Pinat's Profile Photo

Go for Huzur Turizm

by Pinat Written Jun 4, 2009

There are regular buses to Sivas from Ankara (450 km) and Istanbul (900 km). Although various companies operate, my suggestion would be Huzur Turizm. They do have a website if you want to book in advance (but the website is in Turkish only). So, drop me a few lines if you feel like taking a bus from Ankara to Sivas and I help you.

To Divrigi

by MalenaN Written Aug 4, 2004

From Sivas I wanted to make a daytrıp to Divrigi, so I went to the minibus terminal before nine. I thought there was going to be several dolmushes leaving during the day but it turned out the minibus was one with seat numbers and you could book ahead. The nine o'clock bus was off-course allready full and the next one didn't leave until one. Well, what could I do. I would at least get 1,5 hours in Divrigi before going back with the last dolmush at five.
    I absolutly didn't want to arrive in divigri and find that the last bus was full so I asked for a returnticket (gidish - dýnush). The ticket was 14 000 000 TL (7 000 000 TL one way) and the the journey one way took 2,5 hours.
    The senary along the road was very beautiful. First with green hills and blooming medows and later higher mountains.

Amasya to Sivas

by MalenaN Written Jul 9, 2004

Here the difficulties to find a ticket for a bus leaving about that time I wanted started. I went round to several bussoffices in town but they all only had eveningbuses to Sivas. I absolutly wanted to leave earl?er to have the afternoon in Sivas. Finally a woman in one of the offices explained I had to go to the otogar, there was a company there with a bus 11.30. Luckely I passed one more company before I left for the otogar and they did have a bus at eleven. It was with Kent buscompany and they had a pickup at the office half an hour before the bus left.

The ticket was 15 000 000 TL and the busride took about tree hours.

Also in Sivas there was a free bus servise from the otogar and once again I was dropped just outside my hotel.

• babazula's Profile Photo

Flights started to Sivas from Istanbul

by babazula Updated May 13, 2006

Sivas airport is closed for 3 months for now .. Ýf u wanna come to Sivas, choose Malatya or Kayseri Airport.

Instant Answers: Sivas

Comments

Sivas Transportation

Reviews and photos of Sivas transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sivas sightseeing.