Yalova Things to Do

Take this dolmush bus to the beach
    by Jawnuta

Most Recent Things to Do in Yalova

• Jawnuta's Profile Photo

Beach West of Yalova

by Jawnuta Written Nov 12, 2011

We found out about this beach from a young man in local baklava store.
    He gave us directions and told us which dolmush to take.
    After just short ride (1.5 YTL/person) we were somewhere west of Yalova on no name street.
    40.658113,29.238396 are coordinates for Google Maps

We paid for the entrance to the beach another (1 YTL) and 6 YTL for 2 beds and one umbrella. We had great time sun bathing, swimming in cold Marmara waters and to our surprise the beech keeper introduced himself to us as Frank from Westchester, NY.
    Frank was born in Yalova, emigrated when he was 8 to US, lived in US and worked as a pilot. After he retired, he decided to go back to Yalova and enjoy beach keeping.
    Who is better than Frank?
    Frank give us tips on local fish restaurant Unsal Balik Pazari.

Beach was great and quiet. Not too many kids. Only local families. No tourists at all :-)

Take this dolmush bus to the beach Beach in Yalova

KOSK

by traveloturc Updated Sep 18, 2010

Yalova has a number of tourist attractions, such as the kösk (Ottoman-Turkish style mansion) used by Atatürk during his visits to the city.He spends 311 days of his life in Yalova.
    The formal name of the kosk is YURUYEN KOSK it means KOSK WALKING because Ataturk in order to prevent the cut of the trees decide to move the kosk and the building was moved to an area which can secure the trees around.

SU DUSEN

by traveloturc Written Sep 18, 2010

I was really amazed when I see the same name of the waterfall in Yalta.
    Su dusen means "water falling".I use to visit this place when I was scout and camping at night.
    The water is ver very cold ..believe me .

su dusen water fall su dusen waterfall

Karaca Arboretum

by traveloturc Written Sep 18, 2010

Karaca Arboretum is a live tree museum on the way to Termal.Please visit if you are familiar to this kind of hobbies .

Karaca Arboretum Karaca Arboretum

TERMAL

by traveloturc Updated Sep 18, 2010

Termal is the famous hot springs very near to Yalova , which gets its name from the Latin word thermae.
    I used to spend 15 days every year in this termal because of my Rhomatism when I was child.

termal pool

Instant Answers: Yalova

Comments

Yalova Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Yalova things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Yalova sightseeing.