Abu Dhabi Restaurants

by MM212

Most Recent Restaurants in Abu Dhabi

• Cedar Lounge: Good Not Great Lebanese

by hongkong88 Updated Mar 1, 2013

Whet there to celebrate the completion of a contract, Had the usually huge Lebanese mezza banquet. It was good but I've had better in Beirut and even the US. Service was excellent we were in and out about an hour. Think that our hosts told the staff to step it up. There must have been 40 dishes so it is not as if we could find good things to taste it was just I have had a lot better. The decor is not overdone which is unusual in Abu Dhabi.

Favorite Dish: The huge shrimp were great and of course the hummus.

• Business Travel

• Abd el Wahab: OK Meal but Sour Waitstaff

by hongkong88 Written Feb 17, 2013

I had a good meal there while on a recent business trip to Abu Dhabi. I had the kafta and an order of hummus and it was fine. My co-worker had the chicken kabob and thought it was OK but nothing special. The waitstaff was depressing. They walked around with sour expressions and the only smile I saw was when they were grouped together talking to each other. They have a far larger staff than the restaurant would have in the States but that didn't mean the service was any better than low average. The decor is understated. Plain and not overdone. If you sit on the patio you can have a nice view of the water and enjoy a water pipe after your meal. .

Favorite Dish: The hummus was good.

• Business Travel

Abdel Wahab: Lebanese from Beirut

by MM212 Updated Dec 17, 2012

A branch of the renowned restaurant in Achrafieh, Beirut, Abdel Wahab in Abu Dhabi serves perfectly prepared Lebanese dishes. It is located in Souk Qaryat al Beri complex, next to the Shangri-La hotel. The restaurant has a terrace for more clement weather with views over the Abu Dhabi Grand Mosque. Although the food was delicious when I ate here in Nov 2012, the service was a little slow, but it could have been a function of the fact that it was a late dinner (10:30pm or later). Regardless, I would return.

Abdel Wahab, Abu Dhabi, Nov 2012 Mezze at Abdel Wahab, Nov 2012

• Delia_Madalina's Profile Photo

Lebanese Flower: To put on the great budget eating list!

by Delia_Madalina Updated Aug 2, 2012

With a strong Lebanese community, almost every hotel and street corner in Abu Dhabi features a Lebanese restaurant or bakery.

After trying several 5*s options and their lower-budget "cousins", I've decided that the Lebanese Flower is worth its fame and the little money you pay as compared to similar venues across the city. It's a very casual location with basic indoor and outdoor seating. As soon as you're seated, a bottle of water, fresh backed fluffy bread and a bowl of vegetable land on your table.

The menu offers all the Lebanese classic hot and cold mezze and grills. For breakfast, foul is not to be missed. It also has an extenssive list of non-alcoholic drinks and their cocktail fresh is amazing.

With tea and various mezze we generally spend approx. AED 50 per person (approx. USD 13 EUR 11).

There is no need for reservation but due to its popularity it's very crowded. You can also stop by with your car, place an order and within minutes your take-away is ready.

Favorite Dish: Fattoush, tabouleh and falafel

• Tche Tche Boulevard: "Raha Malls Best Kept Secret" Timeout Abu Dhabi

by jameelalramahi Written May 31, 2012

What can I say initially about the place? Awesome! Though it seems hidden from inside the mall, the resturant is actually strategically placed to have a clear view of the outside surroundings since they have a full glass wall. We actually chose to sit where we can see the view of the Aldar HQ building, the Al Raha Residential Bldg and the beach. The resturant is quite spacious and I just love the high ceiling design, very good for the claustrophobic type which

We didn't finish all the food not because it's not good but because they served a good amount that we we're so full!! Then to end the night we enjoyed a shisha with great views of the sunset and the open ocean and beach!!!

Overall, it's an excellent first time at the cafe. Would I go back there on purpose? Definitely!!! So if you would like to learn more about the cafe you can visit their website at http://www.tchetchecafe.com/

Favorite Dish: What did we order? I don't really recall the exact names now, which I regret but we ordered caezar salad, steak and freis, pasta, with white sauce and broccoli bits, pizza, some shakes, burger and potato wedges. The food is really good. The first thing I said literally when I tasted the pasta is "Is this heaven?" . It was soooo goood! They did a good job with the pizza as well, it did not go hard or stale even if it got cold already. The dough still remained soft and the texture remained nice. And oh! The salad, it's perfect. The vegetables are really fresh and crunchy and the flavours are full. Not to forget the shake I ordered, it's a signature of the cafe called tche-tche, a mix of berries in really creamy smoothy. Plus the presentation is excellent!

The Beautiful Interior of Resturant The FOOD!!! The Mall it Located in

• amna24's Profile Photo

cinnabon: Ummy cinnamon rolls

by amna24 Updated Apr 4, 2011

small quite cafee I like to sit there beside the window having my cofee with cinabon roll and reading the news paper.

Favorite Dish: cinabon cinnamon rolls Warm dough, filled with legendary Makara Cinnamon, topped with freshly cream cheese frosting.

Finz: Excellent Seafood Restaurant

by MM212 Updated Aug 1, 2009

Located in an A-shaped hut over the waters of the Gulf, Finz provides a pleasant maritime atmosphere for its clientele with views of the beach and blue water. The fish is fresh and deliciously prepared, and includes a large variety. There are non-seafood items for those who want. The restaurant is on the Beach Rotana Hotel complex and therefore serves alcohol and wine. If you are staying at the hotel, you could also charge the bill to your room. I have eaten at Finz on every visit to Abu Dhabi and both the food and service have been impeccable and consistent each occasion.

Favorite Dish: Baked Hamour (local fish)

The A-shaped hut where Finz is located

Le Café & Caviar Bar: Elegant Desserts

by johnfrompalatineil Written Jul 11, 2009

Nestled between the restaurants and bars of the Emirates Palace is a very nice place to relax and listen to live music performed on the piano or other classical instruments. I wanted to relax and enjoy the music so sat down and ordered Green Tea. The Green Tea was served in a beautiful steel tea pot. I was surprised when the server served me some chocolates and pastries. I didn't recognize the pastry and tasted it, ummm.... heaven. The white pastry was very light and sweet. I felt a bit foolish when I asked the server what it was and that I had to bring some home to the lovely misses and the server informed me that it was a macaroon. It was the best macaroon I ever have had!

Favorite Dish: Macaroon and green tea. The macaroon melted in your mouth. The green tea energized you.

• johnfrompalatineil's Profile Photo

Le Vendôme Brasserie: Fantastic Way to Start the Day!!!

by johnfrompalatineil Written Jul 11, 2009

One of the best international breakfasts buffets in the world! This restaurant is located in the Emirates Palace Hotel and has seating inside or outside on the terrace overlooking the beach and marina.

The service is great and if you are fortunate enough to get Ernie as your waiter, the service is impeccable! The menu choices are outstanding, from beverages, to cereals, to breads, to eggs, meats, fruits, yogurts, etc. The coffee is good, the cappucino is good and juices are good. The juices that I tried included orange juice and grapefruit juice.

Being the best hotel in Abu Dhabi, if not UAE and the world, the hotel gets clientele from all over the world not even mentioning the most powerful local Emirati businessmen/politicians. While I stayed there, there was a South Korean embassy delegation, numerous British tourists and German tourists, etc. This restaurant had something for everybody including the German breakfasts favorites of cheese, meats, etc.; eggs benedict, egg station, waffle station, danish/muffins/croissants/strudels, miniature steaks, potatos, mushroom and tomatoes, hummous, salmon, etc. No pork though.

I don't know the price of the breakfast as it was included in my room rate. I would have to guess that it was well over $30/person. Very special restaurant!

Favorite Dish: Everything was fantastic! I especially liked the miniature steaks, cappucino, sweet pineapple, watermelon, strudels!

• Luxury Travel
    • Spa and Resort

Tambayan: ripoff

by johnfrompalatineil Updated Jul 11, 2009

This is a bar/restaurant located in Al Ain Palace Hotel in Abu Dhabi. They have Karaoke, live music, and Filipino food (and beer). A trio plays live music for about 30 minutes than takes off for 30 minutes to rest and allow patrons to sing karaoke. Mostly pop music. The musicians are good. Food is not the best and watch out that they don't screw you with the prices. I ate here one night and ordered an item that was 35 AED but when the bill came they charged me 50 AED. They showed me another menu with the "new" prices. I showed them the discrepancy but they would not give in to their mistake and charged me with the higher price. Wow!

Favorite Dish: San Miguel beer.

Oriental Korner Restaurant: Best Halo Halo in Abu Dhabi

by johnfrompalatineil Written Jul 11, 2009

Found this Filipino restaurant while looking for Gold Souq in Abu Dhabi. A lot of walking in the very hot weather gave me a strong urge for Halo Halo, an ice cream/ice dish containing macapuno (sweet coconut strips), nata de coco (cubed coconut gels), beans, ice cream and other treats in a sweet cream milk. Besides that, I was also missing my rice and Filipino food.

The restaurant was busy on a weekend night and the host was constantly taking orders on the phone. It took a while to get seated and much longer to get my order. I wasn't the only one and felt bad for the young Filipino family that couldn't wait any longer (an hour) to be served. It took an hour or more to get served but the adobo manok (chicken adobo) with rice was good and good proportion. The Halo Halo was the best I've ever had. I wanted to get another but thankfully had the discipline not to.

Favorite Dish: Halo Halo, served in a large chilled glass, lots of goodies topped off with a delicious scoop of ice cream!

Hatam: Good Persian (Iranian) Food

by johnfrompalatineil Written Jul 11, 2009

I wanted to try to taste safe, local cuisine and happened upon Hatam Restaurant located on the third floor of Marina Mall, Abu Dhabi. A quick peak at the menu showed that this restaurant was reasonably priced.

I was pleased to see mostly locals in the restaurant but felt a little bare having gone in with khaki shorts and sandals. Nobody said anything and I don't think anyone had a problem with it but I regretted that I didn't have long pants on. However, I didn't let this ruin my meal which was memorable.

Favorite Dish: The fresh, hot pita with hummous was fantastic. I had a stew dish that contained lamb and it was fantastic. Proportions were good and the service was outstanding.

• chizz's Profile Photo

Captain's Arms Pub: Fancy a pint?

by chizz Updated May 17, 2009

For a traditional English pub atmosphere and good food visit the Captain's Arms. There's fish and chips on the menu and a good pint can be had. Outdoor seating is also available.

Favorite Dish: Fish and chips/bangers and mash - reminds me of home!

Inside Captain's Arms - AD Bangers and mash and fish and chips on the menu Outdoor seating at Captain's Arms - AD Entrance to Captain's Arms - AD

Prego: Italian Restaurant

by MM212 Updated Nov 1, 2008

Another decent Italian option in Abu Dhabi is Prego. The spacious restaurant serves sophisticated Italian food as well as delicious pizzas. It offers indoor seating and for clement weather, an outdoor terrace with beautiful beach views. Prego serves alcohol.

The terrace

• amna24's Profile Photo

Finz, Abu Dhabi: For the ultimate seafood experience,do not miss it

by amna24 Updated Sep 26, 2008

Do not miss a visit to Finz Restaurant on your tour of Abu Dhabi. Located in an A-shaped hut over the azure waters of Arabian Gulf, Finz is undoubtedly one of the best restaurants in Abu Dhabi.

The ambience here is informal and relaxed, making it an ideal food joint for family dinners and special celebrations.
    Guests staying at Beach Rotana Hotel and Towers can enjoy complimentary privileges at Finz, Abu Dhabi. The average price range in this restaurant is a little expensive, and thus might not appeal to the section of budget travelers. Nonetheless, it is a must-visit for all seafood lovers in Abu Dhabi.

Favorite Dish: At Finz, Abu Dhabi guests can select from a wide range of dishes. The fish served is fresh and delicious - Baked Hamour being the most popular dish here. There are special non-seafood items for those who are not too keen on having seafood.

Instant Answers: Abu Dhabi

Comments

Abu Dhabi Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Abu Dhabi restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Abu Dhabi sightseeing.