Places to eat in Ajman Region

• Bukhara Indian Restaurant, Ajman (from website)
    Bukhara Indian Restaurant, Ajman (from...
    by JessH
  • Bukhara Indian Restaurant, Ajman (from website)
    Bukhara Indian Restaurant, Ajman (from...
  • "My 2 Johns" with Bukhara Aprons, Ajman

Most Viewed Restaurants in Ajman Region

• JessH's Profile Photo

BUKHARA Restaurant: Finger-licking, 5-star style Indian in Ajman

by JessH Updated Jul 10, 2007

(Licensed - serves alcoholic beverages.)

Bukhara is the proud representation of Indian cuisine of the Ajman Kempinski Hotel.
    I love restaurants with open kitchens, allowing you to watch the chefs in action, the kitchen dynamics, and of course giving you that extra impression of quality & hygiene.

We visited this restaurant with my parents-in-law, and all 4 of us are "curry knowledgeable", so expectations were high. The interiors are spacious, not too dark but cosy enough, with some wall carpets and heavy wooden furniture. The staff were very attentive, helpful and friendly in a relaxed - yet respectful manner. We ordered our drinks and weren't disappointed, as they arrived together with that all-important complimentary plate of Poppadums and sauces. Settling into the mood of the evening was easy in this lovely environment (TIP: The non-smoking section is more private and cosy than the other half of the restaurant.)

The restaurant's little unique "twist" that makes it even nicer:
    Your waiter brings you nice cotton aprons (see photo), as you are EXPECTED to only eat with your fingers here. (the last time I wore an apron in a restaurant was for lobster-bashing!) But don't worry: you are provided with a fork for your rice and sauces if you need it.

Favorite Dish: We were presented with the menu, which is a slab of glossy wood embossed with about 30 dishes. This is a restaurant may have only a small variety of dishes, but therefore each dish is flawless and a "chef's speciality".

John and I ordered the Tandoori Jinga (jumbo prawns). I was worried, because often grilled prawns are dry and tasteless. But these pink beauties were creamy, flavourful & perfect! My father-in-law ordered the Chicken Tandoori (caution! This can easily serve 2 people!) and my mother-in-law opted for a whole tandoori-grilled Hamour (grouper fish), which she loved. Together with the mixed Naan breads, some Daal Makhani (black lentils) and Raita (yoghurt & mint sauce) we weren't sorry at all about not having a starter, and we left highly satisfied and ready to come with an emptier stomach next time!

Opening Hours:
    Lunch 01:00pm - 03:00pm / Dinner: 06:30pm - 11:15pm.
    Closed on Mondays.

• Luxury Travel

Ajman Region Hotels

Top Ajman Region Hotels

Ajman Hotels
9 Hotels

Instant Answers: Ajman Region

Comments

Ajman Region Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ajman Region restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ajman Region sightseeing.
Map of Ajman Region