Local traditions and culture in Dubai

assorted drieds dates
    yummy

Most Viewed Local Customs in Dubai

• bellatrix's Profile Photo

This, that and the other

by bellatrix Updated Jun 29, 2003

Tips are not generally expected, but waiters make appallingly low wages, so I'm sure that a small tip is appreciated.

I noticed that I got many, many stares while in Dubai, and I'm not sure if it's simply because I'm a woman, because I'm obviously western, or because my boyfriend is Indian... I didn't feel it was a problem, but it took me a while to get used to. I think it was just curiosity. Since my trip I've spoken to a few middle eastern people and they've explained that it's simply a cultural thing to check one another out. I personally wouldn't choose to wear anything even remotely revealing, just to avoid any extra stares!

Men eating, Dubai

• chagi1's Profile Photo

Respect the Islamic culture

by chagi1 Updated Mar 16, 2003

Even though Dubai is a very modern city and the population is dominated by foreingers, this is still an Islamic country so don't forget to stay respectfully covered when out and about in the city!
    Okay, you don't have to be as covered up as the picture shown, but pants and tee-shirts are good!

Typical Islamic female dress

• ludogatto's Profile Photo

A villa!

by ludogatto Written Jan 1, 2006

The villa here are made of concrete and black glasses, with all the acomodation inside!
    This is a normal size villa, but u can fidn more big than this with a tipical arab style!

• leanne_pearc's Profile Photo

The Camel

by leanne_pearc Written Dec 26, 2005

Although we did not visit a camel farm - ran out of time - this is the closet i came to a camel on my visit.

A Camel Icon at our hotel

• metha's Profile Photo

YOU & UR CAM

by metha Written Jul 3, 2003

Do not take pictures of Locals both men and women..

Make sure you ask them if so ...if they cought u taking pic they may crash ur cam on your head ............hehehehe ;)

I

berge3

Dubai Hotels

Instant Answers: Dubai

Comments

Dubai Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Dubai local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dubai sightseeing.
Map of Dubai