Sif Travel Guide

• Sif
    by grets
  • another palace? no, just someone's house!
    another palace? no, just someone's...
    by travelinxs
  • Sif
    by travelinxs

Sif Things to Do

by flynboxes Written Feb 17, 2009

Since it was prayer time for my driver I did some exploring on my own thru some of the villages. Sorry that I don't recall the names of these places. Many of them make it easy to forget about time aside from the occasional TV dish on a roof.

by flynboxes Written Feb 17, 2009

Just driving around this giant oasis is a sight to be seen. I was like a kid in a candy store walking around here. Never knew what to what to expect. How could a place like this exist in the middle of Yemen??? Hope you like my pics.

Ok,
    Shoot me, took poor notes here. The photos here and in my next few tips should give you a taste of what you are instore for as you enter the Hadramawt. I only spent about few hours driving thru a few of them plus a prayer pit stop for my driver. It was time well spent to say the least and thinking back it would have been nice to spend more time here.

Sif Transportation

by flynboxes Written Feb 17, 2009

The road into the wadi is not what you might expect. Thanks to the tourism in the wadi, roads have been inproved. I entered via the road from Huwayra if memeory serves me correctly. The road at the time has been recently paved and there was still work being done to improve it as it hugs the cliff side and heads down into the wadi. Nothing like the road to Shaharah but still a nice ride with lots of places for some great photos.

Sif Off The Beaten Path

by flynboxes Written Feb 17, 2009

This whole place is sort of off the beaten path. This place kind of reminded me of the North. It was a bit cooler up here after lunch and ended up being the place I got to meet some local kids here. After talking to them I realized how much more aware of the world they were when compared to their American counterparts....the effects of satellite TV are far reaching.

Instant Answers: Sif

Comments

Sif Travel Guide
Map of Sif