Kawkaban Restaurants

• janiebaxter's Profile Photo

Kawkaban Tourist Hotel: Special Cake

by janiebaxter Written Mar 12, 2008

Nice Local Food

We stopped here for lunch which was excellent with really nice quality food – chicken, lovely rice, potatoes and a welcome change from bananas in the form of a “bint” (daughter) cake made with honey, which most of our party had 2 helpings of.
    The staff here were really friendly and the chef came out after the meal to ask us if we enjoyed it.
    One of the nicest lunch venues of the trip, and clean toilets too.

• hydronetta's Profile Photo

Hameda Hotel and Restaurant in SHIBAM: For groups..

by hydronetta Updated Feb 27, 2006

This funduq (located in Shibam and not Kawkaban), is certainly popular among groups, as everybody we had met, ended up here to have lunch. The entrance to it caused me a lump in my throat, but the dining room was spacious, nicely painted with large windows and quite well kept.
    Meal was typical Yemeni and fixed...so don't ask for the menu card to choose!!
    What is nice is that you have the chance to meet and exchange your travel experiences with other fellow travellers!

• flynboxes's Profile Photo

I foget (blonde moment..ha ha!): Local meal

by flynboxes Updated Jul 1, 2008

Once you are done hiking down the cliff it is time to eat in the town below..Shibam. My yank butt go to dine solo since I was by myself but the food was hot and plentiful. for $5-7 it was enough food to feed 3-4 people.

Favorite Dish: There was a honey cake that was a tasty treat to snack on. When they cook a chicken here and elsewhere in Yemen they chop it up bones and all so at time it can be like eating a trout back home after all the bones you'll spit out

Instant Answers: Kawkaban

Comments

Kawkaban Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kawkaban restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kawkaban sightseeing.