Cardigan Travel Guide

Cardigan Things to Do

• planxty's Profile Photo

by planxty Written Mar 24, 2015

Whilst driving back up to the highway from Three Rivers and the rather disappointing Roma Settlement I saw a place I had noted on the way down and we decided to stop for a drink. Strictly speaking that is not correct. I decided to stop for a drink and thankfully my travelling companion RavensWing aka Lynne is a very good sport and agreed albeit that she knows that once I am in such an establishment I can be a little difficult to shift!

I know it was a midweek early afternoon but I was surprised to find the place totally empty. This was a theme that repeated itself over and over in the Maritimes and I don't know how most places survive. Perhaps people come out at night and as we didn't do much night-time drinking I cannot really comment. Another recurring theme in the region was the friendliness of the staff and particular mention must go here to the lady serving as she was an absolute delight. I realise she wasn't exactly rushed off her feet but she was great fun and it was all very pleasant as I got stuck into my well-kept and equally well-served beer.

The premises was laid out in a fairly standard fashion although it did have a pleasant little "lounge" area" (pictured) which is not particularly typical here. The entire place including the washrooms was very clean and tidy. Although we did not dine ther I did have a look at the menu whichwas extensive and had some items a little out of the ordinary as well as the strandards. There are also daily standards. I did have a look at the attached Facebook site to give an example of the specials which they post daily but the place is closed on police advice due to a horrendous blizzard! You are probably better off visiting in summer. A few recent examples are roast beef cheddar melt, crispy chicken bacon ranch wrap and sole stuffed with crab and scallops topped with our famous cheese sauce. It all sounds delicious.

As well as food and drink it would appear to be the social centre for the area as well and host regular music and other events.

As we were RVing ourselves I was delighted to see a classic old RV outside (pictured) which was not exactly in pristine condition but still looked good.

Finally, if you are wondering about the rather curious title of this tip I should explain that the name of this excellent hostelry is Red's Corner and I stronly recommend you drop in if you are passing that way as it is a cracking pub.

Red's Corner, Cardigan, Canada. Red's Corner, Cardigan, Canada. Red's Corner, Cardigan, Canada. Red's Corner, Cardigan, Canada. Red's Corner, Cardigan, Canada.
    • Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• RavensWing's Profile Photo

by RavensWing Written Dec 30, 2014

We stopped in to Red's Corner for a quick drink. The pub was a small one. It was clean and had plenty of seating, including leather couches if you so desired.

The barmaid was very friendly and efficient.

Red's Corner Pub Red's Corner Pub Red's Corner Pub Red's Corner Pub

135 Dewars Road, RR 6, Cardigan, C0A 1G0, Canada

Cardigan Transportation

• fairy_dust's Profile Photo

by fairy_dust Written Mar 20, 2005

There is no bus that goes to Cardigan, so you must drive there. From Charlottetown, it takes about 45 minutes to drive to Cardigan. Within Cardigan, you must either drive, ride a bike, or walk, because there is no public transportation.

Instant Answers: Cardigan

Comments

Cardigan Travel Guide
Map of Cardigan