Sea & Sand, Prince Edward Island

Know about this? Rate It!

Odin on PEI beach
    by goldenodin
    Can you see the bridge in the distance?
    by goldenodin
  • Sea & Sand
    by Arial_27
  • goldenodin's Profile Photo

Dog at the beach

by goldenodin Written Oct 12, 2007

Can you see the bridge in the distance?

Favorite thing: Can't remember the name of the beach, about 15 minutes from our motel, but we took our dog, and just loved watching him in the water. He just kept going back out and kinda laid/floated. Lovely view of Confederation Bridge. A little snack bar was there, got some drinks, Odin laid in the grass to dry, and we just enjoyed relaxing, and Odin enjoyed licking the ice cream off a little boy who stopped to say hi.
    I think the Confederation Bridge is a must see.

Fondest memory: It's a very laid back place. Everything is close by everything else. Just a slower pace - nice. Also, travelling with a dog, tho it does pose some limitations (especially in the summer), really opens people up. We had a man from Australia start up a conversation with us, and other travellers would smile, or say he reminded them of their pet at home. There were some great pet-friendly places.

• Travel with Pets
    • Beaches

• Arial_27's Profile Photo

Red sand

by Arial_27 Written Apr 24, 2006

Favorite thing: PEI is widely known for its red sand beaches, but I never really knew why the sand is red. Its not just red on the beaches, but on the roads, the dirt ground, everywhere. It looks gorgeous in contrast with the green grass and water. The only thing I can warn you about is not to get any of it on your light coloured clothing, because it doesn't come off very easily. What I did was put some of it in a bottle and bring it back home with me as a souvenir. That way I'll always have my red sand ;)

• Pat&ZoAnn's Profile Photo

Red Soil and Sand

by Pat&ZoAnn Written Mar 4, 2003

Beach on the southern side of PEI

Favorite thing: As well as the soil, the beaches are all red. This beach is on the southern side of the island. We have photos of Cavendish, on the north side, also. I will try to post them as I find them.

Fondest memory: We went in early spring, and the beaches and all the attractions were deserted.

• Beaches

• Lisser's Profile Photo

Go to the beach. P.E.I. has...

by Lisser Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: Go to the beach. P.E.I. has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world (in my opinion!) The characteristic reddish sand and dirt can be seen at beaches on much of the island.

Instant Answers: Prince Edward Island

Comments

Other Favorites in Prince Edward Island

View all Prince Edward Island hotels