Know about this? Rate It!
North Cape Windfarm
Offshore lies the longest natural rock reef in North America. Onshore, the Atlantic Wind Test Site features advanced windmill technology at work creating electricity for Islanders and information for wind energy development - learn all about it at the Wind Energy Interpretive Centre. Enjoy the view from the restaurant overlooking the meeting of the tides of the Gulf of St. Lawrence and the Northumberland Strait and leave time for a walk along the Black Marsh Nature Trail. Bring your binoculars as it is a teriffic bird and seal-watching area.
- Whale Watching
The lighthouse at North Cape...
The lighthouse at North Cape is one of the first on the Island. Built in 1866, the lighthouse is a fine example of original lighthouse construction, and continues its singularly dramatic role on a site that is claimed by some as the windiest spot on the Island. North Cape is also home to the Atlantic Wind Test Site. Comprised of 8 gigantic windmills, the farm produces 3% of PEI's energy!
The North Cape Complex houses a gift shop, marine aquarium, interpretive center, a licensed restaurant and a panoramic view of the Gulf and Strait.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 60% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
Prince Edward Island Travel Guide
Explore the World
- South Seattle Hotels
- Panaji Hotels
- Laguna Cajititlán Hotels
- Tampoi Hotels
- Border Italy/Switzerland
- Iowa Off The Beaten Path
- Munich Off The Beaten Path
- Destin Off The Beaten Path
- Portugal Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Berlin
- Cleveland Off The Beaten Path
- Bangalore Off The Beaten Path
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Off The Beaten Path
- Madrid Off The Beaten Path
- Trondheim Off The Beaten Path