General Information, Prince Edward Island

by sim1
  • slyons81's Profile Photo

Confederation Trail

by slyons81 Written Feb 22, 2010

The Confederation trail is a 250 km railway that was converted into a bike path that stretches from the east to west coasts of the island. The path stays on the interior of the island so you get great views of the country side. The trail is very flat so you can enjoy a rather easy ride while taking in the scenery. If you want more of a work out with some views of the coast break off from the path and bike some of the coastal roads, they have more inclines so you might get a more interesting ride with great views of the coast.

• Cycling

• sim1's Profile Photo

by sim1 Updated Jan 31, 2005

Welcome to our island!

Welcome to our island! This sign is the first thing you see when you go to Prince Edward Island. Because it has such a long name, a lot of people just call it PEI as well.
    PEI is an island, but also a seperate Province located in the eastern part of Canada. It must be the smallest province of Canada and has only 134,600 inhabitants.

The island is famous for it's red soil and potatoes. It has beautiful hills and coastline, beaches, and of course the House of Anne of Green Gables. I think this is the number one tourist attraction of the island. This house is so famous because of a novel about Avonlea written by Lucy Maud Montgomery from PEI. I haven't been here though, so I can't tell you if it is worth a visit. But I have been touring around the island a bit. So on this travelpage I want to show you some images of the island, so you can have a look at it through my eyes.

I wasn't planning to go to PEI, but everyone said to me I should go. I was told that if I went to the eastcoast, PEI is a must! So in the end they convinced me and I decided to make a slight detour and go here.

But I still wonder why PEI is such a popular destination. Sure, it is a lovely island, but I didn't think it was that spectacular. It was a lovely trip to go to the island, so I don't regret going here, but it is not a must see on my list.

Instant Answers: Prince Edward Island

Comments

View all Prince Edward Island hotels