Victoria Warnings and Dangers

Monica, one of the feline locals
    My Sara has a little AM chat with Monica
    by 850prc
    Is Smokey the Bear one of your friends?

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in Victoria

• 850prc's Profile Photo

Dangerous local animals , Here's MONICA

by 850prc Updated Oct 25, 2009

Monica, one of the feline locals

Dangerous? I'm being silly. Victoria-by-the-Sea is a friendly little place, and the locals will get to know you quickly. That would include the local pets, who are apparently as much a part of this community as anyone. You can be chatting with some fellow and you migh mention that you saw a "white cat over across from the Orient Hotel" or something like that. He'll immediately say something like, "oh that's Puff, she's been around here for years. She had kittens last May, etc." This was great stuff for my wife and daughter, who are animal fans to the nth degree.

Every morning over at the Victoria Village Inn, we had a visit from "Monica", the neighborhood cat. Apparently Chef Stephen's cuisine and generosity are irresistable for this sweet kitty. So, she comes by every morning, and is keen to get a little petting from any cat-lover guests.

• 850prc's Profile Photo

Dangerous Local Animals , The Newfies

by 850prc Updated Oct 25, 2009

Is Smokey the Bear one of your friends?

OK, THESE animals may just seem dangerous on first glance. These are Newfoundlands, a gentle giant of a dog species. I swear to you all, THE first time I saw one of these local "Newfies", I thought there was a bear in town. Really.

On one of our afternoon walks, we mentioned that we'd seen some dogs that were "as big as bears". The guy laughed and said "oh, those are so-and-so's Newfoundlands". He said that there were actually four of them, but we never saw more than two at once.

They are quite gentle and friendly, and once you get past them looking like a grizzly, they're keen for some petting.

Instant Answers: Victoria

Comments

Victoria Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Victoria warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Victoria sightseeing.