Snow /Mountains/Lakes., Banff

Know about this? Rate It!

• Snow /Mountains/Lakes.
    by doreenellen
  • GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

Accidental pictures

by GentleSpirit Written Apr 22, 2013

Favorite thing: This photo was just lucky truthfully. Most of the time when I take a picture from a moving bus the photos end up being well, not that great usually. The light was magnificent and with the background of the mountains. Didn't even have to pay the driver extra to drive slower:)

• National/State Park
    • Photography

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

Weather in Banff

by GentleSpirit Updated Apr 22, 2013

Favorite thing: Banff, because of its location, gets lots of snow in winter. Summer season is usually from May-September. Bear in mind though, the summer months have a relatively high average rainfall.

I visited at the end of September. Fortunately, the weather was grand the whole time i was there. In September and October you will still find a relatively comfortable average temperature of 50-60 degrees F in daytime. Nights can be a bit chilly with snow in the mountains.

Something that I loved seeing was the snow covering the mountains as you got up in the morning.

• Photography
    • National/State Park

• doreenellen's Profile Photo

Mountain Range

by doreenellen Updated Jan 28, 2005

%cb%BMountain Range Reflection

Favorite thing: The Mountain Range in the refection of the the lake was one of my best shots and one of my best memories to take away from Banff area.

Fondest memory: The mountain views all around the little town of Banff will stay in my memories forever. The Rundle, The Sundance Range and Sulpher Mountain.

• Skiing and Boarding
    • Adventure Travel
    • Mountain Climbing

Picnic!

by Sharrie Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: PICNIC! Wow, thanks to our resourceful guide, we were able to enjoy this magnificent scenery, wonderful weather & have the time of our life! I've never had a picnic in front of a lake since I was a kid! & we had the entire lakeview all to ourselves!
    Fantastic!!!

Alpines

by Sharrie Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: Take a panoramic photo of these gorgeous mountain range & the amazing alpine trees! Pictured here are 2 most beautiful ladies who got lost in the mountains. Hehehe, just joking... that's me & my Canadian guide. But, she's beautiful, don't you think?

MOUNT ROBSON

by Sharrie Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: See the icy crown of MOUNT ROBSON, also know as the Mountain of the Spiral Road, is the highest of the Canadian Rockies, at 3954 m!

Fondest memory: Enticing! Look at the alpine landscape of Mount Robson! Aren't they gorgeous?

• Eco-Tourism

Enjoy the snow

by Sharrie Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: Enjoy the snow... I know, I know, for most people in the Northern Hemisphere that's the understatement of the year. I've lived in Toronto for 3 full years & I understand your feeling. But, amazingly, I was able to appreciate the snow here. Guessed absence does makes the heart fonder!

• Fudge's Profile Photo

Banff Lookout

by Fudge Written Feb 10, 2003
    Overlooking Banff

Favorite thing: Overlooking the entire place called Banff was this Lookout Point.

The city spread out in front of us... it was very cold adn cloudy up here . be prepared with rain jackets. It starts drizzling/raining anytime without warning.

• VTShounen's Profile Photo

One look and you will understand...

by VTShounen Written Feb 25, 2003
    Banff Springs Hotel

Favorite thing: Banff and Jasper to me represent fun. I go fairly often, and no matter what the season or the reason, when I get there I end up thoroughly enjoying myself.

I have gone to Banff more frequently in recent years than Jasper, and it has now overtaken that as my sanctuary of choice. =)

• Rice_Paper's Profile Photo

Take a trip to the mountains....

by Rice_Paper Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: Take a trip to the mountains. This is a picture I took on top of the Sulphur Mountain Gondolas (Banff). The cost to get up and down the mountain is a TAD pricey ($19/person). But what the heck!

Wintery heaven

by Sharrie Written Feb 25, 2003

Fondest memory: Out of this world!
    I felt like in heaven!
    There's an ethereal quality about this, don't you think? Amazing what these mountainviews can do to one's soul & sanity!

SEE THE SKI CHALET

by Simonneeddy Updated Nov 30, 2002

Favorite thing: SEE THE SKI CHALET ON THE TOP OF SULFUR MOUNTAIN MOUNTAIN
    There is also a climbing trail on foot for the very healthy robust persons.

SKI LIFT

by Simonneeddy Written Feb 25, 2003

SKI LIFT

Favorite thing: Take a ride to the top of Sulfur Mountain on the Ski Lift as we did and take pictures on the way up.

'HOODO walk' lookout.

by Simonneeddy Written Oct 11, 2002

Favorite thing: Visit 'HOODO walk' and view the strange rock formations like ghosts of the past a way outside of Banff. Here you see the Banff Hotel in the distance.

Instant Answers: Banff