Nightclubs and bars in Banff

Most Viewed Nightlife in Banff

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Pump and Tap Tavern: Both a pup and a club

by DSwede Written Jan 15, 2011

Its labeled and decorated as an English Pub, but it also works as a sports bar when the big games are on, a night club when the crowd is feeling a bit more active, or a relaxed pup during the early evenings.

There's nightly specials and a decent food menu.

Dress Code: The dress code is completely casual.

Pump and Tap

• Carmanah's Profile Photo

Aurora Nightclub: A place to dance the night away

by Carmanah Updated Oct 14, 2008

While Banff is full of pubs, Aurora is one of the few authentic nightclubs in town. I visited Aurora with coworkers of mine back in May on a Saturday night. There was a line-up when we arrived, but we had VIP passes, so we could skip by the line-up and get in without paying the $10 cover.

The dance floor was packed and the mix was a unique blend of bachelorette party girls in tiaras, business men (likely escaping from Calgary for the weekend), university students and international tourists all looking for a fun time.

The music was a decent mix of contemporary pop and old school dance tracks (think Jamiroquai, Michael Jackson, Rihanna, Madonna, etc). There's a main dance floor area, several bars, and several seating areas. I liked it because if I wanted to dance, I could do so away from the bar, and if I wanted to escape the craziness of the bar scene, I could venture away from the dance floor and into the lounge nearby and sit down with my drink without being interrupted. Apparently they also have their own in house pizza shop, but I never noticed pizza going around!

While it's a bit of a meat market with eye candy abound, Aurora's a lot of fun and a great way to spend a night of dancing in Banff.

Dress Code: I don't recall there being an actual dress code, although if you dress to impress, you'll likely get in.

• Music
    • Singles

• RedBusTraveler's Profile Photo

St. James Gate Olde Irish Pub: Switzerland, Ireland, and the USA - In Canada??

by RedBusTraveler Updated Jul 27, 2007

Nice little "Olde Irish" pub that's actually quite modern and accomodating. We had a great time in there on a couple of nights. The second night (after seeing Harry Potter V in the nearby theater), we stopped into the St. James Gate for a couple of beers afterward. We ended up hanging out with two inebriated (but hilariously loud) Irish women and a man name Rolph from Switzerland. This was midweek in July. I would imagine that this place is absolutely hoppin' on weekends, especially during ski season.

Prices were not cheap, but were not overly expensive as far as the Banff area goes. It's a resort town, so you sort of have to expect to pay a little more for everything.

Great ambiance, interesting clientele, good drinks. Good times.

Dress Code: I would assume that nudity is frowned upon. But other than that, I don't think that there is much of a dress code. Very casual on the nights that we were there.

• sam_was_here's Profile Photo

Tommy's: The neighbourhood pub

by sam_was_here Written Apr 15, 2007

We had run up over a $100 CAD bill in quite a short time, downing several shots and a few drinks. Was quite a small bar, but a lively atmosphere. Many different accents and languages been spoken, but a friendly place. Swift service and good prices, helped the night pass along quickly!

Opens til 2pm everyday, so perfect after a long day to wind down and have some drinks! we did not eat, but the food looked and smelt good...and off course, some of the cheapest prices in Banff...all equals a winning combination!

Dress Code: Casual... no need to dress up too much...unless off course you want to impress!!!

The drinks kept coming View in the bar

• klj&a's Profile Photo

Aurora: Aurora-Best Club in Banff

by klj&a Written May 27, 2006

When we asked around town, people consistently told us to go to Aurora for a fun night scene. The place doesn't get hopping until about 12:00am, but it gets packed even on week nights. I found the clientele to be mainly young workers around town who are getting off their jobs. The main reason I wanted to go Aurora was for the cigar room and a nice cuban. I wasn't dissapointed. It was a nice getaway from the dance floor. It has leather couches and three flat screens along with a pool table and it's own bar. The bartenders were fun and down to earth. A nice Romeo Y Julieta and a Cohiba were a nice end to a day of river rafting.

Dress Code: Casual to slightly dressy.

Banff Hotels

The Fox Hotel & Suites
Buffalo Mountain Lodge
Brewster's Mountain Lodge

Instant Answers: Banff

Comments

Banff Nightlife

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Banff locals.
Map of Banff