Night Clubs in Town, Banff

Banff Ave

Know about this? Rate It!

• My buddy from New Zealand Mitchell , drinking the
    My buddy from New Zealand Mitchell ,...
    by emerson24_2002
    Our hoodoo man - yummy
    by YolandaC
  • GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

Night Clubs in Town: Banff Nightlife

by GentleSpirit Updated Dec 19, 2012

Banff nightlife is plentiful.

The cheapest place is the saloon at the HI Hostel on Tunnel Mountain Road. Bear in mind this is NOT in the town center so if you have been drinking you will need to take a cab back downtown. Buses do get up there but I don't know how late at night.

Along Banff Avenue there are plenty of nightclubs. While we were there the Australian rules football final was taking place so all the nightclubs we went to (or tried to get in) were absolutely packed to the rafters. The Aussies were very happy to explain the game while they partied with us. Drinks were not especially cheap that night, but we had lots of fun.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• Hoodoos Lounge: Night Club

by emerson24_2002 Written Oct 30, 2005

My buddy from New Zealand Mitchell , drinking the

Had a good time there the first night. My buddy went the night prior and had a good time, however, when we went together for our second time it was just okay. I was more into dancing and that night the floor seemed dead. I would definately recommend going. Besides, it's banff and not New York City so your choices are limited.

I would call to see what promos or deals they got going on. When my buddy and I went, they had these fish bowls that had a lot of alcohol for relatively cheap. I forget what night that was. The other time I went they had 2 dollar well drinks/beer up until i think 11pm.

Dress Code: Casual, or however you want. Well, I wouldn't exactly go in shorts and flip flops.

• YolandaC's Profile Photo

Night Clubs in Town: Hoodoo

by YolandaC Written Apr 17, 2005

Our hoodoo man - yummy

As you move from the Rose and Crown through the Wild West you end up at the Hoodoo - right across the st. from the Wild West. We arrived late so we paid no cover, however I believe there may be a cover charge. I wouldn't think it any more than 5 bucks. This is a dance club with great couches to crash on.

Dress Code: Casual - but you can go dressy if you want and not feel like you stick out.

• Study Abroad
    • School Holidays

• n_a_drescher's Profile Photo

Salt Lik's: Best Bar/Restaurant In The World!

by n_a_drescher Written Oct 12, 2003

The aesthetics of this place is wonderful. Always dark, with couches and big, comfy booths to sit in. Lots of candles and a huge stone fire place give great mood lighting. Also, its main clientele are 20-something resort workers, so the music and the mood is always good. The servers are all gorgeous, men and women, and the bar is something to behold.

The bar list is large and varied, and the prices are reasonable. Try the food, its absolutely amazing! You can get regular bar-fare, such as chicken wings, or, if you're looking for a meal, order a surf-and-turf. The steak is Grade 'A' Alberta beef and the crab is Snow Crab. The servings are huge (both food and drink) and its the quietest, most relaxing place in the entire town.

Salt Lik's truly is the best bar in the world!

Dress Code: None