Coyotes Deli & Grill, Banff

4 out of 5 stars 3 Reviews

Downtown Banff...

• Coyotes Southwestern grill: watch out for the waiter who will rob you!!!!

by stelis6 Written May 26, 2008

The food was OK to Good - the calzone was tasty but half of it turned out to be dough and uncooked dough at that, when I pay for a meal I like all of it to be edible not half of it!! The goat cheese salad was good, no complaints there... The one huge huge complaint I do have though is our very pleasant Kiwi waiter who changed the amount of our tip on the credit card!!!! Not a very trustworthy feeling to be ripped off and robbed at the end of what was otherwise a good experience. I will never go back there again and If you do go there and get a tall pleasant Kiwi waiter, watch your wallets and dont leave him a tip on our behalf!!!

Favorite Dish: the bread, because it was free...

• finkycake's Profile Photo

Coyotes Deli & Grill: A Great Mexican Lunch!

by finkycake Written Oct 5, 2007

This is a wonderful little Mexican café that I dragged my boyfriend into. They do simple meals from soup and sandwiches to larger meals. We both went to a sandwich with soup - all were delicious. I spotted bottle of jalapeno hot sauce which gave our food a nice spicy kick. I also asked for cornbread on the side which was great and we bought a little bottle of the hot sauce to bring home with us. It's quite small, being a café but worth it and you can see them prepare the food if you sit on the bar stools.

Favorite Dish: Mexican chicken and blue corn tortilla soup comes on its own or with your sandwich. If you love spicy food, pep it up with some of the jalapeno hot sauce they have! Hot soup goes down so well on a cold day!

• Coyotes Deli & Grill: Mexican Fusion in the Mountains.

by Sasie Updated Jul 9, 2003

Ok. That was amazing. I was told not to miss this restaurant when I went to Banff. And I'm glad I went. Really interesting food, a mix of southwest/mexican and some good old fashioned western canadiana. Some very unique flavour combinations that really worked.
    I had the specials for dinner...what can I say, I'm a sucker for a good description! And a Big Rock Ale, which hit the spot. Went back for breakfast, which was also very tasty.
    A small place with an informal atmosphere. You can see the chefs at work behind the bar. Which is lots of fun. Nice team working there too. Medium priced, but great food.

Favorite Dish: This was a special, but just to give you an idea of the type of flavour combos....
    Scallops on a bed of jullienne red pepper and braised asparagus, with mole sauce garnished with margarita (tequila) strawberries. $12. And SOOO delicious.

• National/State Park