Melissa's, Banff

by zrim
  • finkycake's Profile Photo

Melissa's: Melissa's Missteak, No Mistake

by finkycake Written Oct 5, 2007

We chose Melissa's as it was across the road from our hotel and because we love steak. We were NOT dsappointed. The service was a little slow but it was very busy at the time so understandable and the food definitely made up for it. The menu is varied, if you like steak or seafood I would definitely recommend it. As well as full meals, they also serve combinations - for example I had a 6oz steak as well as Hunter's Chicken. My boyfriend had a 6oz steak with a lobster tail and garlic butter. Both were served with chips, vegetables, salad, your choice of sauce for the steak and bread.
    Desserts were also fantastic - I had the Brownie Conspiracy (a real treat for chocolate lovers) which was HUGE! And my boyfriend had the New York Cheesecake (see my favourite dish).

Favorite Dish: For dessert have the New York Cheesecake with Fruit topping, even if you're not usually a cheesecake fan! It's soft and creamy and the raspberry topping is divine!

• Skiing and Boarding
    • National/State Park

• zrim's Profile Photo

Melissa's Missteak: Alberta Beef

by zrim Written Aug 10, 2003

Melissa's

Melissa's has an old supperclub feel. The waitresses are a little bit older and saltier than the precocious teens that are common at trendier spots. Dinner will come with breadsticks, rolls, salad and a trolley of salad dressings. I selected the biggest steak on the menu (a t-bone or porterhouse I believe) while Becky opted for the trout and petit filet. The only starch suited to such a dinner is bake potatos, sour cream and chives. The wine selection was meager but adequate. For dessert several pies were on offering including blueberry and bumbleberry--we were chastized for decling the ice cream. When only beef will satisfy, Melissa's is up to the task. But don't expect anything but old fashioned cooking.

Favorite Dish: It would be silly to order anything other than the Alberta beef.

• National/State Park

• VTShounen's Profile Photo

Melissa's: 'Local Favouriate'

by VTShounen Written Nov 22, 2002

A typical family restaurant & bar - the usual burgers, pastas, etc. Food is decent, reasonably priced. Has been around for many years, and is a local institution. Known also for the annual Melissa's Road Race that it organizes and/or sponsors.

Instant Answers: Banff

Comments

Hotels Near Melissa's
3.5 out of 5 stars