Know about this? Rate It!
Mount Norquay is a great skiing destination.
I thought I'd just mention a couple of cool features you can ski right to the base of the mountain where you can stay at the Timberline Inn so that is convenient and the rooms are affordable there.
I remember the road was winding to get to the ski lifts and my picture is on that road of some mountain goats there is wildlife everywhere in the area. Lots of elk as well.
- Hiking and Walking
- Mountain Climbing
- Skiing and Boarding
Ski Mount Norquay
There are 3 ski resorts in Banff National Park, one of which is located right next to the Town of Banff - Mount Norquay. It is the only Rockie Mountain hill in Alberta that offers night skiing. Mere minutes away by car, there is even talk of building a gondola from the town itself (thereby eliminating the road and the parking lot, which cuts through a major wildlife migratory corridor). This picture shows the town and Cascade Mountain, with a little bit of Mount Norquay.
For info on the other two resorts in Banff, go to my Banff National Park page.
Equipment: Rentals available on the hill, in town, or in nearby Canmore.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
Banff Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Doonella Lake Hotels
- Aubervilliers Hotels
- Aberdare National Park Hotels
- Marianna Hotels
- Gardone Riviera
- Extreme Sports
- Salamanca Sports & Outdoors
- Gdansk Sports & Outdoors
- State of Rajasthan Sports & Outdoors
- Khabarovsk Sports & Outdoors
- Gloucestershire Sports & Outdoors
- Lago di Como Sports & Outdoors
- Naran Sports & Outdoors
- Asker Sports & Outdoors
- Cape Verde Sports & Outdoors
- Ilha Grande Sports & Outdoors