Banff Tourist Traps

Most Recent Tourist Traps in Banff

• ATV Tours/zipline - Don't do it

by agamemnon Written Jun 5, 2008

I wasted a day of my holiday by driving 90 minutes out of the Park to go on an ATV tour only to find along with another couple they'd given us the wrong rendezvous point, after waiting over an hour we managed to track them down at a new site 8 miles away. After this debacle imagine my disgust when they asked me for a further 50 dollars on top of the 300 I'd already paid to cover the insurance on their quad, 25 for me and 25 for my missus who was to be a passenger!! what a con! and then when the other couple decided to cut there losses and leave they cancelled my tour and told me to leave without even an apology. These people give Banff tourism a bad name.

Unique Suggestions: Do yourself a favour and stay in the Park. I subsequently found out that ATV tours have to stay outside the park due to the damage they cause the environment.

Fun Alternatives: Go horse-riding, those guys at Warner stables are really professional and nice and Banff must be the best place in the world for hiking or mountain biking.

• Cycling
    • Motorcycle
    • Adventure Travel

• Calforex Best Foreign Exchange Office

by lizetv Updated Jun 12, 2006

Best Foreign Exchange Office in town!! They have great customer service, a flat fee and very competitive rates...Best in town, definitely!!! They cash also traveler's checks. Address 117 Banff Av. - very close to the Baie-

Unique Suggestions: I came all the way to find out how different the rates were from one Foreign Exchange Office to the other and also the commissions..Please, compare them, otherwise you will loose a lot of money.

Fun Alternatives: Do not change your money at the first Foreign Exchange Office. Compare the rates or go directly to Calforex. You won't regret it.

• Stellco's Profile Photo

argh, kitsch!

by Stellco Written Jan 26, 2003

Main street on Banff is lined with tourist shops, millions of the things. Avoid at all costs. Unless you like foam hats and sweaters with pencil drawings of wild cats emblazoned on them.

Unique Suggestions: Get cool little things like alberta numberplates or wierd stuff like that.

Instant Answers: Banff

Comments

Banff Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Banff tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Banff sightseeing.