Hikes & Trails, Banff National Park

Banff National Park

Know about this? Rate It!

Trail to the Lake.
  • Sakura_Kobe's Profile Photo

Sunshin Meadow

by Sakura_Kobe Written Feb 1, 2004

Sunshine Meadow

Favorite thing: We could take 10:30 am shuttle bus from Sunshine Parking lot to Sunshine Meadows. We walked all trails and it took about 4 hours.

The lake was like a mirror. The atmosphere was quiet. We strolled along the trails. Trails went on and on. You can find many cute ground squirrels along the trails. We were sorry we could not feed them. Letting the animals find food themselves is Canadian Policy.

You can save time to go up to Simpson View Point and return, since the scenery around the three lakes is most attractive.

• Sakura_Kobe's Profile Photo

Trail to Lake agnes

by Sakura_Kobe Written Feb 1, 2004

Lake Agnes

Favorite thing: We put our baggage at our cabin then started for the trail of the Lake Agnes. I was tired out when we finally reached the lake. I was so happy there is a nice tea house by the lake. We drank tea, which cost only $3.75 for two. I took an hour rest there. Lake Agnes was more beautiful than I had expected.

• mht_in_la's Profile Photo

Lake Louise - hiking

by mht_in_la Updated Jul 3, 2003

Chateau Lake Louise

Favorite thing: There are a few trails around Lake Louise. I picked the short one to Fairview Point and took this photo of Chateau Lake Louise. The trailhead was behind the canoe rental. The hike was about 1.5 km one-way but seemed much longer because of the non-stop uphill. From the photo you can feel the elevation gained in such a short hike (I started at the same level as the Chateau). In front of the Chateau the Lake was still frozen.

What you don't see in photo is that the Chateau is currently going through major expansion. A new building, almost the same size as the main building is being raised behind it.

Fondest memory: Funny thing about Fairview Point is that the view there was not really good, mostly blocked by trees. I could only see the Chateau and the Lake from between the twigs. To make this photo I had to zoom and crop.

• Hiking and Walking

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

The trail from Parking lot to Morain Lake.

by Waalewiener Written Jun 26, 2003

Trail to the Lake.

Favorite thing: It is a short walk from the parking lot to the shores of Moraine Lake,no big deal ,there is Moraine lake trail ,about 1.5 km long ,and it will give you close up views of the great peaks and the snow filled gullies,and the waterfalls. The trail weaves its way through Spruce and Fir Forest,and the trail ends where a glacier meltwater creek empties into the Lake.

• Adventure Travel

• sunnywong's Profile Photo

View 'Banff Springs Hotel' from high

by sunnywong Written Feb 25, 2003

Fondest memory: Hike the Sulphur Mountain trail and get a view of 'Banff Springs Hotel' from the height. The white rapid behind the hotel is Bow Falls.

• Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Banff National Park

Comments

View all Banff National Park hotels