Airport shops=rip off...
This is probably true of every city (I know it is in Mexico), but unless you are buying from the Duty Free, restrain yourself from getting Canadian Flags or T-shirts from the Airport. There are hundreds of Dollar stores around the city (and I dare you to spend a day here without seeing one) that can get you the same Maple Leaf pin or Flames sticker for 1/3rd the price...and with all that money you save, you can buy me a drink!
Unique Suggestions: If you have to buy from the airport...well, then I guess you will just have to suck it up. I have done it as well, so I know firsthand what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger...:)
Fun Alternatives: Bring a bag lunch, or pick up something on the way, that way you don't even have to buy lunch! And check out the Dollar stores! And even the Thrift stores if you are looking for books...they have all of Oprah's picks for sure!!!Related to:
- Budget Travel
If you spend most of your time...
If you spend most of your time hiking or biking, you'll avoid this aspect. Hit the crowded spots like Moraine Lake or Lake Louise early and take off on a trail that will get you up and away from the crowd (Sentinel Pass into Paradise Valley at Moraine Lake and Fairview Mt. at Lake Louise).
Lake Louise and Moraine Lake...
Lake Louise and Moraine Lake are 'Tourist Traps', but you have to see them anyway - they are beautiful. Also while you're there you can leave the crowds behind and do 2 spectacular hikes - Sentinal Pass (at Moraine Lake) and Fairview Mountain at Lake Louise.
Bar none- Le Germain is spectacular. I couldn't classify it as boutique becuase it caters to such a...more
Right in the heart of the Kensington shopping district overlooking the Bow river. It is very close...more
In 11/09 I stayed at the Westin and had an awesome experience. The Westin upgraded me upon arrival...more
Latest Calgary Hotel Reviews
- Sandman Hotel Downtown Calgary
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews
- The Westin Calgary
- Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 7 Reviews
- The Fairmont Palliser
- Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews
- Delta Bow Valley
- 1 Review
- Comfort Inn & Suites Motel Village
- Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Super 8 Motel Village Calgary
- Poor (1.5 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Ramada Hotel Downtown Calgary
- Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Explore the World
- Relau Hotels
- Muscat Hotels
- Bogotá Hotels
- Douala Hotels
- Bukit Fraser