Canmore Restaurants

by Bwana_Brown

Most Recent Restaurants in Canmore

The Drake: Rose and Crowns Brother

by bobsreturn2004 Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Drake is very similar to the Rose and Crown.Its about the same size and has a downstairs bar as well.Prices are similar and there are big plasma televisions everywhere.The staff for the most part are very polite and a lot of fun.Other members of staff are the most miserable people walking gods green earth.Although food is good here it takes a while to get served.

Favorite Dish: The Ceaser Salad is the best in town.

• spartan's Profile Photo

The Drake Inn (Restaurant & Pub): Olde World Cuisine

by spartan Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Drake Inn Restaurant & Pub offers wonderful mountain views with every bite. The new non-smoking lounge features a fireplace, comfortable couches and a relaxed atmosphere in an open, spacious room.

Favorite Dish: Started off with a cup of Creamy Chicken/Corn Chowder and then you can't go wrong with one of these entrees: a Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich topped with swiss cheese, lettuce and tomatoes with a side of french fries or Grilled & Skewered Shrimp/Scallops over a bed of fried rice with a caesars salad on the side.

• Beer Tasting

• spartan's Profile Photo

The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company: Excellent local brew!!!

by spartan Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Grizzly Paw has probably the best pub food in the Rockies. The food is perfect for sharing over a pint as well as meals which leave your taste buds happy and your appetite satisfied.

Favorite Dish: Try the 12 inch Chicken Pizza with Thai Sauce...absolutely awesome!!! Wash it down with a Grumpy Bear Honey Wheat Ale (a light wheat ale brewed with wild mountain honey)...in fact it was so good that I brought a 6-pack home with me!!!

• Beer Tasting

• Santa Lucia: Don't go with children

by alebetono Written Jan 2, 2008

After reading great reviews about Santa Lucia, I went there with my wife and my 1 year old daughter on our one evening in Canmore. After giving us a table (the place wasn't full, it was 5 pm) they ignored us for 20 minutes, they didn't bring us a high chair for the baby and we only got their attention when we left the place (with a sarcastic commentary from the waitress about babies). We ended up buying a pizza somewhere else on New Years'Eve, it was pretty disappointing. I can't give a review about the food (I've heard it's great) but I think they don't like families with small children (even when mine is really quiet).

Favorite Dish: I didn't get to try the food.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

Tapas Restaurant & Bodega: Excellent Meals, Nice Location

by Mikebb Written Sep 17, 2007

Tapas Restaurant & Bodega

This was a very nice restaurant within the town, just off the main street. We were offered a table inside or could dine outside on the deck. It was a stormy looking evening but we chose to be brave and took the outside option, assisted by the location of an gas heater next to our table.

The menu contained a good selection of tapas meals and the waitress assisted us with our selection of 4 meals to share. They were brought out progressively which gave us the opportunity to take our time over the meal. All meals were tasty and different to what we were used to, which is something we like to experience when travelling.Our choices were:

Marrakech Escalivida, Spanish Saffron Rice, Morunos Brochetas, Spanish Trio Spring Rolls. We also had sparkling water and coffee. the restaurant has a full bar.

Cost for the evening was Canadian $67 plus tip.

• Seniors

IL Italanio: Italy in Canmore

by bobsreturn2004 Written Sep 6, 2007

This restaurant located in the middle of town is ideal for a first date.The servers are warm and friendly and the Spaggettie is just out of this world.Infact i do not know if i prefered the Spaggettie or the Italian Salad.Prices are a little bit more expensive than my other 2 restuarants but dont let that put you off.

Favorite Dish: The Spaggettie,Best meal!

Rose And Crown: Sexiest Restaurant in canmore

by bobsreturn2004 Written Sep 6, 2007

Its a cold winters day,your freezing to death,then you come beside a nice relaxing restuarant.Once inside you meet some of the most beautiful women in the whole of Canmore.As my friend Jordan said "Where do they come from".its not just the beauty and friendliness of the girls though.The Rose and Crown is actually a bar and a restaurant.Prices are incredibly cheap for Canmore(Fish and Chips 9 bucks!)and the drinks arent to bad either.the decore is brightly lit and has a sort of British theme to it.The food may be better elsewhere but nowhere will you meet staff as friendly.

Favorite Dish: Fish and Chips,Steak and Kidney Pie.the soup.If i had to pick one i would recomend the steak and kidney pie.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Bear & Bison Inn: Part of the package

by Bwana_Brown Updated Mar 10, 2007

Stair view of the dining area

In addition to the beautiful design and location of the Bear & Bison Inn, it turns out that owner Lonnie Middleton is also a world class chef, having spent 18 years as a chef in some of the most prestigious Hotels and Cruise ships of the world. The wedding arrangements (C$340 for 24 guests) included various pizzas to be served on the first evening after guests had arrived and checked in between 3-4 PM. The actual wedding dinner served the next evening (part of the overall package) was priced at C$45 per plate and was an amazing experience of dishes served by the staff in the best European style. Sue's main dish was Salmon cooked on a cedar plank while I had Roast Beef with various vegetables.

Favorite Dish: Even breakfast was quite an experience, with various elegantly prepared dishes served one after the other by staff. These varied from a fruit starter, crepes with fruit, a three egg omelette filled with your choice of smoked salmon, locally smoked black forest ham, mushrooms or cheese & herbs and finished off with a secret recipe hashbrowns, toast and home made preserves. The meal presentation alone was an enjoyable eating experience!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo

The Drake Inn: Breakfast with reminders of your trip

by scottishvisitor Updated Feb 24, 2007

Great Place to Eat

Whether it is Breakfast - Lunch - or Dinner this place has a great atomosphere & serves excellent food. With great names on their breakfast menu - the continental divide & the three sisters surprise - to name but a few!!

Favorite Dish: I had the Three Sisters - cerial & fruit cup while hubby had the Continental Divide - scambled eggs & toast - whatever you choose you won't be disappointed

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Summit Restaurant: On top of Sulphur Mountain

by Bwana_Brown Updated Feb 20, 2007

We enjoy hot chocolate drinks and carrot cake

We had two of our grandchildren and my mother with us during our gondola ride up Sulphur Mountain in Banff township, so we stopped for a little break in their Summit Restaurant after admiring the views from their outside observation platforms. This restaurant serves cafeteria style-food and also has recently opened a Chinese restaurant section. As you would expect, the prices are a little high becauce of their location, but we certainly could not complain about the views!

• National/State Park

• Santa Lucia: Great Italian food in the Rockies!

by chortoba Written Nov 14, 2006

Frank cooks every day except Monday in this lovely little restaurant. No compromises - the Caesar salad is freshly made , no bottled dressing here. Great for lovers or families alike. Great atmosphere. Prices are reasonable. It gets really really busy around sixish so come early! Many skiers come here after a day at the slopes

Favorite Dish: Manicotti is fabulous, pizza rules.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo

Rock & Ice Grill: Rock & Roll to the Rock & Ice

by scottishvisitor Written Sep 3, 2005

Rock & Ice Grill

Nice place for lunch with good home cooked food & attentive service. Nice interior featuring mountain climbing memorabilia.
    Lovely views of the mountain scenery.

Favorite Dish: The steaks are prime Albertan beef very succulant & tasty with great choice of salads.
    Extensive menu with vegetarian options available

Smitty's

by madamx Written Jul 4, 2004

Smitty's is a Canadian family restaurant chain, the first opened in Calgary in 1960. It's a family favorite where you can take the kids, and it won't break the bank. The food here is inexpensive, with huge portions. The breakfast is served here all day; which I love, as I'm a breakfast food lover. There's something comforting about eggs and toast on a cold, rainy, evening.

This Smitty's in Canmore is always extremely busy -- many locals come here, and it is just located off the Trans Canada. The service is extremely pleasant, although a little slow, perhaps as it just gets so busy.

Favorite Dish: The portions, as I said are HUGE. If you are starving, order one of the breakfast skillets -- I had the Country Skillet, which is eggs, sausage, tomato, green pepper and cheese over hash browns crisped up and served in a little cast-iron skillet with toast. I could only eat half of it. A belly-buster for sure!!!

The waffles and pancakes are sure to please -- they also have different flavored syrups such as blueberry and strawberry.

Chez Francois: The Best Breakfast in Canmore

by madamx Written Jul 4, 2004

The room clean and set for dinner -- much nicer

This place is viewed by locals as the best breakfast in Canmore. For price, service, serving size, and choice, I totally agree.

The restaurant is also well-regarded as a place for dinner, but we have not tried it for dinner, we've only had the breakfast.

The room is decorated with local flora and fauna; and I did notice the room was slightly grimy, though our table was clean (the most important thing). Perhaps they had had a late-night party, as from the service and quality of food, this seemed out of place. Table cloths would have been nice, as the wooden tables were banged up and very scratched -- I almost was expecting to see a heart with an arrow through it with initials carved on our table.

Favorite Dish: There is a huge selection of different dishes, but I must say the Eggs Benny with Smoked Salmon is my favorite, and they cooked the eggs to my specification -- firm enough to be not runny.

The service was also extremely good, and I must give them kudos as well, as it was 7:00 a.m., and our server was alert, smiling and pleasant, much more than I can say for myself at that hour!

Patrino's Steak House

by madamx Written Jul 4, 2004

Patrino's is popular with the locals -- it's a nice restaurant that isn't too expensive and serves decent food. And sometimes, that's all you want, right?

The restaurant is family-run, which is entirely evident, when the hostess seats you, and in the meanwhile, the waiter/waitresses are calling her "mom".

The decor is also pleasant, with linen tablecloths, and the room painted in quiet colors; it's evident that many people come back as the owner and his wife are often graciously greeting return customers.

Favorite Dish: The food here is good, but I would not describe it as great. Most dishes tend to run along the italian vein. We generally view it as a no-brainer place to get something to eat.

I've had prime rib on a few occasions, and it's always very tender; and to split hairs, they do seem to have a heavier hand with the seasoning salt. My husband enjoys the pastas, and his favorite is the lasagna, though I find it tends to be a little more oilier than I care for.

Instant Answers: Canmore

Comments

Canmore Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Canmore restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Canmore sightseeing.