Canmore Folk Festival
Canmore Folk Festival is during the first week in August, so if you plan to come during this time, as we did, prepare for crowds. We had booked our hotel months in advance, so accommodations was not a problem for us personally, but numerous waiters and other hospitality workers in town told us about fully booked hotels everywhere. Go to the website for more details. During our week visit, it rained a bit each day, and so the festival got rain upon. This dampened our enthusiasm to brave the crowds at Centennial Park, and to fork out the $45- p/person entrance fee at the door.
Unique Suggestions: High rise folding chairs are restricted, but low height ones are strongly recommended. Bring an umbrella. The music is very good, but buy your tickets months in advance for better seating opportunities.
- Budget Travel
Oh Canada Eh? dinner theatre
I will list all of the horrid things about this rip-off tourist trap!
1. Expensive! $40.00 Canadian!
2. Meagre food portions
3. Absolutely awful comedy material
4. Having to sit through several hours of endless songs and lame jokes about Canadians.
5. The whore who walks around and tries to serenade old men on tourist buses.
Unique Suggestions: Take a book, or a boombox to drown out the bad singing.
Fun Alternatives: Climb a mountain! Hell, this is a national Park! Don't sit in a stupid dinner theatre! Go out and bike, climb, hike, canoe, etc.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices