Cold Lake Shopping

Suds & Spirits
    by Bwana_Brown

Most Recent Shopping in Cold Lake

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Canadian Tire, Wal-Mart, etc.: No Shortage of Shopping!

by Bwana_Brown Updated Jul 9, 2005

Garden Market

Since we were in the area, it made sense to buy a few Christmas gifts then instead of shipping them all the way from Eastern Canada a couple of months down the road. As a result, we made few rounds of the stores. The mall area pictured here contained the local Canadian Tire, Zellers, Pizza Hut and IGA department store, as well as the Garden Market. At the other end of town, the Wal-Mart held sway and in between were plenty more shops. I was impressed by the number and newness of the stores in town, and that is saying something!

What to buy: Anything you need, no problem

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Suds & Spirits Liquor Store: Beer & Wine Supplies

by Bwana_Brown Updated Oct 4, 2004

Suds & Spirits

My son-in-law's father and his wife timed their visit to coincide with ours, so there was a bit of partying going on! Since my daughter had just recently started part-time work in a local store, it turned out to be very handy for us when we needed to replenish the wine and beer stocks!

What to buy: We had some Wildcat beer from western Canada, counterbalanced by some Moosehead from New Brunswick. On the wine front, we had some home brew and well as bottles of Australian Reds and Canadian Whites. I even managed to find a Portugese 'Vinho Verde' and bought that for my wife to bring back memories of our recent trip to Portugal. However, it was not up to scratch with the real thing for some reason!

Instant Answers: Cold Lake

Comments

Cold Lake Shopping

Reviews and photos of Cold Lake shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cold Lake sightseeing.