Stores, Malls or Markets in Edmonton

Most Viewed Shopping in Edmonton

• planxty's Profile Photo

T & T Supermarket: What a brilliant shop

by planxty Written Jul 4, 2015

I have mentioned in my tip on the West Edmonton Mall on this page that generally speaking shopping is not my idea of a good day out although I don't mind food shopping and have a love of all things Asian, especially the cuisine. I was not, therefore, too unhappy when my friend Ravenswing (Lynne) and her delightful sister dragged me into the T&T Supermarket there. After a while nosing about they virtually had to drag me out!

T&T claim to be the largest Chinese supermarket chain in Canada and if this place is anything to go by then I do not doubt it, it was an absolute joy. As the image hopefully shows it is a large place and it is loaded to the gunwales with every conceivable Asian food. I say Asian as opposed to Chinese as it seems to sell all types of Asian products not merely those specific to China. It really was like being in the Asian markets that I love so much when I am there and have written about on many other pages here on VT.

I was particularly impressed by the "live" butchery section (frozen and pre-packed meats are also available) especially the pork counter where the Asian culinary concept of "snout to tail" is certainly in evidence. Just about every portion of the pig you could imagine, and indeed some you may not wish to imagine, was on sale. The fruit and veg. section was also very well-stocked with all manner of exotic items on display as well as the more mundane every day items.

I know that if I was living in Edmonton this would certainly be a regular haunt of mine especially as my friends inform me it is very competitively priced and certainly cheaper than the chain supermarkets.

I don't generally write shopping tips here for reasons explained above but I just had to write bout this excellent supermarket. Hopefully on our travels in the campervan (RV) we shall run into another one when we need to resupply.

Highly recommended.

What to buy: Just about any Asian foodstuff you want.

What to pay: As mentioned in the main body of the text it is very competitive and certainly cheaper than Sobey's, Walmart, Real Superstore etc. etc.

T&T Supermarket, Edmonton, Canada. T&T Supermarket, Edmonton, Canada.

• Many Malls: Edmonton Mall Hours

by jrt91 Updated Sep 28, 2011

This is a great site! Lots of valuable information. If you would like to know all of the popular Edmonton mall hours and additional information check out:
    Edmonton Mall Hours

• Visitors to Canada - GST Refund

by bulletproof Updated Apr 4, 2011

Visitors to Canada are entitled to a refund on all GST (7% federal goods and services tax) paid on goods & accomodations. Keep your receipts, pick up an application form, and mail it to Canada once you've arrived home.

• VTShounen's Profile Photo

Shopping Districts - pedestrian friendly

by VTShounen Written Jun 18, 2003

For a good shopping experience - one that involves getting out of the car to walk around, and if nothing more, to window shop - there are 4 'districts' that I would recommend.

Whyte Ave / Old Strathcona - Without a doubt the best pedestrian strip in the city. Lots of cool shops that tend to lean to the left, but has something for everyone.

Downtown - Classy, haut couture, swanky, pricey.. you get the picture. That's what downtown is known for, but there are many other 'regular' shops too, for the rest of us.

124 Street - This place is not quite popular just yet, but it is getting there. From Jasper Ave all the way to about 110 Ave, there are lots of interesting cafes, shops, restaurants, galleries, etc. The south end of the street borders one of the richest neighbourhoods in Edmonton, the north end of the street borders one of the poorest. The middle is a moderate concentration of office buildlings. The diversity it offers is in itself worth checking out.

The final shopping district is West Edmonton Mall. Ok, obviously not an answer you were expecting, but this place is so big that it probably has its own postal code or two.

Edmonton Hotels

Metterra Hotel on Whyte
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews

Instant Answers: Edmonton

Edmonton Shopping

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Edmonton locals.
Map of Edmonton