Fort McMurray Restaurants

Yam Fries
    Caesar Salad
  • Mixed Field Green Salad & 3 Cheese and Spinach Dip
    Mixed Field Green Salad & 3 Cheese and...

Best Rated Restaurants in Fort McMurray

• Karlie85's Profile Photo

Original Joe's: Reliable food, poor service

by Karlie85 Written Mar 25, 2013

I was visiting my brother- and sister-in-law in Ft Mac for the weekend and we decided to go out to eat on Saturday night. There aren't a lot of options for dining out there - mostly just the standard places like Moxie's, Earl's and the like. The food at OJ's is always good so off we went.

The in-law's did say that pretty much any place on a Saturday night in Ft Mac would be pretty busy. We got to the restaurant around 7:30pm and were told the wait would be 20-25 minutes, which it was.

We ordered shortly after sitting down. between the four of us we ordered three burgers and one French onion soup, two waters and two pops. I'll make this brief. My sis-is-law got her French onion soup first, and it looked bad. There wasn't even any cheese on top of it. Sent it back. We waited. And waited. And waited.Me and my brother in law got our meals. A few minutes later my sis-in-law got her replacement soup, which was watery and didn't taste good. She sent it back and just ate off of our plates. My husband didn't get his meal until at least 10-15 minutes later, and the worst part was that our waitress didn't even acknowlewdge it. In fact, she kept going to the tables beside us but quite obviously trying to avoid us because she knew something was wrong. When he finally did a get a hold of her to ask about his meal, she said "Oh ya I know, I'm sorry, blah blah some excuse about the kitchen". She should have told us on her own that his meal would be a while, is that ok, etc. The manager did come out and talk to us but I was in the bathroom at that moment.

The soup was taken off of the bill, but we were only given 20% off of my husband's meal, which all of us agreed was not enough.

Our waitress wasn't mean or ***y, but she just didn't provide good service. She didn't go out of her way to check on us or apologize for the delays. She only answered to our problems when we managed to flag her down and bring it up with her.

I suppose none of this review matters much anyways, because there are such limited choices for dining out in Ft Mac, and combine that with not many other evening activities and people with tons of money, and people will go to this Original Joe's regardless of bad service or long waits.

Our food was good, so hopefully the manager(s) of this establishment can train their servers a bit better and work out whatever kinks and coordination issues they have in the kitchen.

P.S. Lots of TVs playing sports, combined with loud music = people talking even louder = very loud restaurant!

• amir2000ca's Profile Photo

Boston Pizza: Boston Pizza

by amir2000ca Written Aug 19, 2007

A fantastic high class restaurant with everything to offer, an unbelievably extraordinary crowd brings a lively experience that is enjoyed by all visitors and tourists. It’s become a very common saying amongst Boston Pizza loyalists and other visitors that once you go to Boston Pizza in Fort McMurray you never want to leave town and are they ever right, this amazing place brings a vibe into your blood that you’ll remember for the rest of your life.

• jamiesno's Profile Photo

MacDonald Island Buffet: Arguably the best buffet I've ever had!

by jamiesno Updated May 5, 2005

MacDonald Island Sunday Brunch

On Sunday's there is an amazing brunch buffet at the MacDonald Island recreational facility in the banquet room.

I was in awe when I saw how much food was there. There were salads, fruits, all your breakfast buffet stuff, and endless desserts including my favorite Black Forest Cake.

We went with Jamie, Danette, Jaxon, Bernie, Alana and Jen.

Favorite Dish: In addition to the self serve buffet there was one chef who would make you a fresh omelette where you pick the ingredients. That was my favorite feature for sure.

• RavensWing's Profile Photo

Montanas: ~ Suspended Trucks - Stuffed Bears ~

by RavensWing Written May 5, 2014

~ Montanas Cookhouse ~

Montana's Cookhouse Saloon is a fun place to eat. The service is always great and the servers friendly.

The ambiance is great. There is a full size truck hanging from the bar, there are stuffed animal heads, canoes, trees. Makes you think you are in a cabin out in the woods.

The best part for me is the 'table cloth' - it's craft paper. Each table has crayons and craft paper. The server comes by and with their own crayon write their name upside down so the customer can read it and lets you know about the specials. While you wait for you drinks and food you can color, play tic tac toe, whatever games you want on the paper.

If you happen to have a birthday when you dine here and the servers find out --- they bring out this huge horned hat for the birthday guest to wear. They all sing their special birthday jingle and while the guest may be a little embarrassed they do get a free dessert.

Hours of Operation
    Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am-10:00 pm | Friday-Saturday: 11:00 am-11:00pm

Favorite Dish: My favorites here are the Oven Baked Antojitos. They are a spicy blend of cheese, jalapeno, onion, cream cheese and red pepper rolled into a flour tortilla - heated until everything melts together. It's so delicious. Also the Deep Fried Pickles. Who knew that coating dill pickles and frying them would be so good? Then there's the Four Cheese Spinach Dip, it's very rich but when you dip it with the pita bread pieces - well the plate is always emptied.

Well that's just the appetizers. I will leave it at that. There are so many things on the menu that I love - ribs, chicken, pot pie, fish and chips, the list is endless for this place.

• Casino and Gambling

• RavensWing's Profile Photo

Earls: ~ Earls ~

by RavensWing Written May 5, 2014

Earls Entrance

Earls is a nice little dining restaurant. The lobby is pretty small but it didn't seem to matter because we were seated right away. The booths and chairs are very comfortable. The staff was friendly and had perfect timing when bringing out our meal.

My friend and I had gone for supper around 8:00pm and the restaurant was busy but not over crowded.

The parking is fantastic because it shares the parking space with a grocery store so there is ample parking.

Their hours are 11:30am - 1:30am.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is the Mixed Field Greens salad. It comes with candied pecans, feta cheese and a light apple cider vinaigrette

I also enjoy the yam fries and garlic aioli..

Tony Romas: Great Ribs!

by jamiesno Updated Apr 27, 2005

Ribs lunch special at Tony Romas

My first visit to a Tony Romas was at the Fort McMurray location and I was very impressed. On all the marketing materials you will see mention that they are famous for ribs so naturally this is what I tried and I wasn't disappointed. The ribs where great. I tried all four of the souces they provided; honey, original, smokey and hot. They were all great.

I will go back again for ribs at every opportunity for sure. Cheers!

Favorite Dish: Ribs!

The Chocolate Brownie Sundae was a great dessert too. It had a large warm brownie covered with chocolate saurce, ice cream and some whip cream around the edge :-). mmmmmmm

• Pestos cafe: don't forget to tip!!!

by hoddinott Written May 3, 2007

pestos is a little cafe in fort mcmurray. it used to be my favourite place to go in and have a cup of coffee and dessert. Recently my husband and I went there for a night out, my husband forgot to leave a tip on the dabit machine...the waiter who was extremely rude actually chased us down the parking lot demanding a tip!!! My husband was furious but he bit his tongue and drove away leaving the guy waving the debit machine at us in the parking lot!!

• Birdwatching
    • Gay and Lesbian
    • Zoo

Earl's: Steak, Ribs, and Things

by rdo911 Written May 18, 2006
    Earl's Fort McMurray

Sort of a steakhouse, but a little different. Certainly excelent steak, but in a much more relaxed atmosphere. Plus they do chicken, ribs, salads, and just a little bit of pasta. Almost something for everyone.

Favorite Dish: Anything made with Alberta beef.

Trade Show Vendor: Great Elephant Ears and Buffalo Jerky

by jamiesno Written May 3, 2005
    Local Vendor at Spring Trade Show

At the Fort McMurray Spring Trade Show there was a local guy selling local types of food and I always recommend you try these things. The guy in this picture was quite the saleman too.

Favorite Dish: The elephant ears are actually deep fried bannock bread with cinnamon sprinkled all over it when its done. I loved this as a treat in the afternoon.

The buffalo jerky was also great with some spices added to it. I enjoyed it.

The Keg: Great Steak

by jamiesno Written May 3, 2005

Prime Rib and Lobster

This place was great and its true you get what you pay for!

Favorite Dish: Prime Rib and Lobster

Appetizer: Crab, Parmesan & Spinach Dip
    Crab, spinach and aged Parmesan with pita and tortilla chips.

Smitty's Restaurant: Great for breakfast

by rdo911 Written May 23, 2006
    Smitty's Restaurant

If you're in downtown Fort McMurray, the Smitty's is a good place to get some breakfast. Open at 6am.

Favorite Dish: Can't go wrong with pancakes!

Kozy Korner Family Restaurant: Great Breakfasts

by rdo911 Updated Jun 7, 2006
    Kozy Korner Family Restaurant

Great place to grab breakfast. Friendly, family run operation. Open very early -- 6am.

Favorite Dish: Mmmm...pancakes.

Spaghetti Joe's: Great Italian Food

by rdo911 Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Spagetti Joe's Restaurant

The restaurant is attached to the Merit Hotel. Great service, friendly people.

Favorite Dish: Good soup and great lasagna.

Instant Answers: Fort McMurray

Comments

Fort McMurray Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Fort McMurray restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fort McMurray sightseeing.

View all Fort McMurray hotels