Hay Lakes Travel Guide

• Grain elevators at the entrance to Hay Lakes
    Grain elevators at the entrance to Hay...
    The view of Hay Lakes from the highway
  • My sister, dad, Aunt Wanda and me in 1993
    My sister, dad, Aunt Wanda and me in...

Hay Lakes Favorites

• Carmanah's Profile Photo

by Carmanah Updated Apr 1, 2003

Fondest memory: In August 1993 my family visited my Dad's Aunt Wanda in the small town of Hay Lakes. This is the same town where my grandfather (my dad's dad) grew up before WWII. While my grandfather eventually moved to Richmond, BC, some of his relatives still remained in Hay Lakes.

We visited Aunt Wanda that August and she prepared a delicious lunch for us - roast beef with all the trimmings - something you'd expect for dinner! She was so kind and very generous. The picture here shows us in her backyard next to her mountain ash tree. Apparently the birds would eat the fermented berries and would pass out under the tree drunk!

My sister, dad, Aunt Wanda and me in 1993

• Carmanah's Profile Photo

by Carmanah Updated Apr 1, 2003

Fondest memory: I have only been to Hay Lakes once, and that was during my family summer vacation in August 1993. The town itself is very tiny as you can see by the picture, but it has a lot of charm.

A fond memory of mine is just driving through rural Alberta south-east of Edmonton around Hay Lakes. The deep browns of the road contrasting with the lush greens and yellows the fields, and the old-fashioned grain elevators on the horizon are very typical of rural Alberta. It's very picturesque in its own unique way.

The view of Hay Lakes from the highway

• Hay Lakes Hotels

0 Hotels in Hay Lakes

Instant Answers: Hay Lakes

Comments

Hay Lakes Travel Guide
Map of Hay Lakes