Hinton Restaurants

• RavensWing's Profile Photo

Tim Hortons: I'll Have a Double Double

by RavensWing Written Dec 4, 2013

My Caffeine Fix

Ask any Canadian about Tim Hortons - they all know what Tim Hortons is. It's as common to us as hockey is. Tim Hortons doesn't just serve coffee - Grab your breakfast there, choices of muffins, bagels or even Egg sandwiches. Have lunch and choose from their many varieties of freshly made sandwiches or daily made soup. And don't forget to try one of their many doughnuts and danishes. If the doughnuts are too big for you, grab some timbits - the holes of the doughnuts.

Favorite Dish: I like my medium coffee with two sugars. For breakfast I like to grab an Everything bagel with herb and garlic cream cheese.

• DSwede's Profile Photo

The Old Grind: Coffee and cafe

by DSwede Written Mar 23, 2011
    The Old Grind

The outside may not have much to draw people in, but the food is good. It has a limited selection, but good quality. Later in the day, some options may run out.

The back of of the establishment also serves as a kitchen supply store.

Open Mon ~ Sat : 8am to 6pm
    Sun 11am to 4pm

Favorite Dish: All items are made in house and even though I'm not a coffee drinker, my friends told me the coffee was good. They offer a selection of flavored brews and if you dine in, refills are possible.

The toasted paninis are very good. As are the fresh homemade soups.
    The desserts were decadently sweet if you like chocolate, or particularly nice if you like things like lemon tarts.

• rmdw's Profile Photo

Olympia Restaurant: Incredibly Delicious Greek Food!

by rmdw Written Aug 7, 2010

The Olympia supports my long held theory that when visiting a small town, try a privately run restaurant and you'll most often be very pleased. Such was the case with this wonderful establishment!

As I always do when entering a new community, I searched Google Maps and carefully read the reviews of several restaurants. The Olympia had consistently superb ones except for one, which I believe was a disgruntled fellow who probably is never pleased.

Having been to Greek restaurants in many communities, in no way was I prepared for the great ambiance and delicious food here. We were served by a beautiful Greek mother and daughter, which only added to the great experience.

Favorite Dish: My companion had lightly breaded sole fillet. I had beef souvlaki along with a melange of grilled mushrooms. The main deals came with fresh, delicious salads as well.

No complaints whatsoever. I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough!!!

Milo's: A little place in Grande Cache

by kymbanm Written Aug 26, 2005

This little local eatery kept me entertained as I eavesdropped on various conversations surrounding me .......... a great education on the families of Grande Cache and their histories :)

The food was good, filling, and yet interesting in a different way than I expected.

Favorite Dish: I had the Donair sandwich. Okay, sounded like a Gyros, but it wasn't quite what I expected :) The pita was filled with the same meat as you'd find in a Gyros, but there was a salad on top of it! The tazitki sauce was quite good ....... but there was some sort of added spice w/ a bite .. I found out later it was a cajun spice. Quite good, but not what I expected :)

• National/State Park

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

Tim Horton's: they are EVERYWHERE!!!

by kymbanm Written Aug 26, 2005

Candadians and some Americans have access to Tim Horton's on a regular basis ....... I do not! So I loved stopping for lunches at the various locations I found during my Alberta travels :)

Favorite Dish: This time I simply had an egg salad sandwich ..... again enjoying every bite of their delicious bread!

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

Olympia Restaurant: Greek and more :)

by kymbanm Written Aug 26, 2005

At the reccomendation of my motel owner, I wandered over to the Olympia. A local restaurant with a Grecian theme ... though I noticed that Greek food in Canada is a little different than Greek food in the States :)

Favorite Dish: I ordered spanakopita, lamb souvlaki, and brought a decadent chocolate dessert back to the motel for my late night snack.

The spanakopita had seasoning on the outer crust that was unfamiliar was wonderful. The filo was crispy and simply wonderful! The souvlaki came with rice AND a seasoned potato ... so not a choice for the Atkins crowd! The lamb was tender and well seasoned, the rice was yummy, but the potato was just a seasoned potato ....... nothing special for that side dish. But the rest of it was great :)

• National/State Park

Instant Answers: Hinton

Comments

Hinton Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Hinton restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hinton sightseeing.