Jasper Restaurants

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

PALISADES RESTAURANT: GREEK SPECIALTIES & MORE

by LoriPori Updated Apr 11, 2005

Palisades Advertisement

What is your tummy telling you? Seafood? Greek Specialties? Chicken? Pasta? Pizza? Burgers? THE PALISADES RESTAURANT has it all. Over 50 main dishes to choose from. Great atmosphere under a glass atrium with mountain views. Breakfast/Lunch from$6.00. Entrees from$7.00 up.

Favorite Dish: Hans and I both had the advertised dinner special -- Pork Chop Dinner @ $8.95. It was very busy when we were there, so we had to wait quite a bit for our food, but the waitress kept our drinks full and apologized for the wait.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

McDONALD'S: ONE FANCY PLACE TO BUY A HAMBURGER

by LoriPori Updated Apr 11, 2005

McDonald's

A town just wouldn't be complete without a McDONALD'S and Jasper has one of the nicest restaurants I've ever seen. The building is typical alpine to blend in with the resort atmosphere of the town.

Favorite Dish: My favourite sandwich at McDonald's is the chicken sandwich and I love their strawberry sundaes.

Villa Caruso Steakhouse: Undercooked Overpriced

by RavensWing Written Nov 13, 2013

Villa Caruso

My friends had just done their vow renewal service and they chose the Villa Caruso steakhouse for everyone to meet at and have dinner. Everything that my family ordered came out either under cooked or cold. The service was awful, they just didn't seem to care to bring drinks, refil drinks etc. The lighting was insufficient. The only time the service got better was after we had complained about our food. They offered to re-cook our items. Well that's no good because the remainder of the table was done their dinner.

I should have gone to McDonalds!

Bright Spot: Can't Go Wrong with this Diner

by RavensWing Written Nov 14, 2013

Bright Spot Diner

They have a very good breakfast. I have always had good service - once or twice it was a little slow. That was just a little irritating since it was morning coffee.

The booths, tables and chairs and even carpeting is a little outdated but so far hasn't affected the taste of the food.

It's average pricing. Well worth breakfast for sure.

Smitty's Pancake House: Skip on By

by RavensWing Written Nov 13, 2013

Smitty's Pancake House

I've been to many Smitty's Pancake House restaurants but the one in Jasper is one I would suggest everyone just keep walking past. The staff is quick to seat you but slow for everything else. The food is mediocre - you would think it would be easy to make a plate of nachos but they sent ours out with soggy chips, no sour cream or salsa. The kid meal that we had ordered had cold fries.

It is one of the cheaper places to eat in Jasper, but in saying that I do prefer when I order my food that it actually come out properly and at the temperature it was intended to be served at.

L & W Restaurant: Good Meal Good Deal

by RavensWing Written Nov 10, 2013

L & W Restaurant

We needed a place to grab a quick supper and this restaurant seemed to be the least busy. The food was good, not spectacular. It was relatively cheap for dinner.

The decor is tired and outdated but the waitresses were very friendly.

• sinjabc's Profile Photo

Bear's Paw Bakery: Delicious scones and muffins

by sinjabc Written Aug 20, 2006

We went here for hot beverages and bread items in the morning before leaving Jasper to drive back home. I got a white chocolate and raspberry scone which was delicious. My chai latte was nothing special. But there was a great selection of bread products (muffins, scones, rolls, biscotti, and loafs).

The bakery had a bit of a lineup, but it moved quickly. Definitely worth the wait!

• Denjiro Japanese Restaurant: Mediocre Japanese Food

by csistok Written Aug 30, 2002

This is not my favourite restaurant. Actually, it wasn't really that great, as far as Japanese restaurants go. We had supper here one night on our road trip to Jasper (see my Calgary travelog).

Favorite Dish: I ordered the Katsu-jyu (pork cutlets with rice and egg) and my husband ordered the Tempura. We had some sake, and afterwards I had my favourite kind of ice cream -- green tea!

• Miss Italia: Miss Kind-of-Italian-but-not-really

by csistok Written Aug 30, 2002

This also is not my favourite restaurant and also wasn't that great (see my tip for Denjiro). Well, it wasn't bad either. Good if you're hankering for some greasy food. It was busy with a busload of tourists when we were there, at 8:30pm. We thought the place would be dead, but I guess there really aren't that many restaurants in Jasper to absorb all the tourists. So the waiters/resses were all stressed and kept bumping into our table, almost spilling our precious wine! The pizza went down well, but that could just be hunger. They also have some Greek items on the menu.

Favorite Dish: We ordered a pizza, and had some white wine (Mission Hill from the Okanagan valley in BC, very good wine).

• Coco's Cafe: Great Wraps!

by csistok Written Aug 30, 2002

This place is heaven for vegetarians, but they have plenty of meat-filled menu items as well. It's mainly a sandwich/wrap sort of place. The hummus wrap I had was very tasty.

Favorite Dish: Unlike Denjiro and Miss Italia (see previous tips), we really did like this place! I ordered a hummus wrap, and my husband ordered a veggie pita melt, but that's not what he got, 'cause they screwed up his order. He got some sort of veggie sandwich.

• Hanau93's Profile Photo

Jasper Park Lodge: Great Place

by Hanau93 Updated Apr 17, 2006
    The main Lobby

is quite a posh place but one can still afford a lunch there..We did just that and enjoyed the view on the patio overlooking the pool and lake It's a very peaceful place with options to go hiking from there and also to get to nearby lakes.
    Jasper Place consists of a main lodge and also individual little cabins. .It has nice little stores on the lower level.

• Horse Riding
    • Golf

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

Smitty's Pancake House: No Surprises, but Slow

by CdnJane Written Nov 7, 2012

The food was standard to Smitty's - big and filling. I had the bacon lover's bacon & eggs, and it kept me going for the day! My friend had the eggs benedict and said it was alright, not the worst but certainly not the best.
    Service was slow, we had to ask a couple of times for my friend's tea. Coffee came readily.
    There were no surprises in the meal, it was standard, but slow.

Favorite Dish: Good bacon!
    They are a pancake house and they have always been good. A bit heavy yes, but fluffy good.

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Jasper Brewing Company: Food, Good Beer and People

by DSwede Updated Feb 3, 2011
    Jasper Brewing Co

Jasper Brewing Co is a landmark in town. It obviously has its own home brew, which can be augmented with some seasonal flavors depending on when you visit.

The interior of the restaurant is a bit of a cross between a restaurant and a sports bar. There's plenty of TV's with the games being played, but they are not too large, nor overly intrusive.

There are a mix of booths, tables and high tables. The feel is very casual and relaxed. The service was good, but nothing exceptional.

Favorite Dish: The burgers are probably the more popular option, like the bacon cheddar burger (although for the price, I think it was a little overrated). I had the "VW Van", a vegetarian sandwich with eggplant, which was delicious!

All of the beers are good. If you pay a couple dollars more you can walk home with a signature pint glass with their logo.

• Beer Tasting

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

Jasper Pizza Place: Finding eats in pricey Jasper

by 807Wheaton Written Mar 26, 2009

We drove into town to get something for our evening meal and stop at a grocery store because our lodging had kitchen supplies. We paid $15.25 CAD for a an excellent thin crust medium pizza and $9.49 CAD for a Greek salad that was really great. The total was $25. 98 CAD before the tip. There was a good choice of entrees on the menu here and the food was also good. The staff is friendly and casual seating with no reservations.
    Open 11 AM to 11 PM Daily

• Hiking and Walking
    • Seniors

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

Bear Paws Baker: Nice place for lunch - moderate price

by 807Wheaton Updated Apr 4, 2011

We drove into Jasper for lunch before our trip to Maligne Lake. We decided to eat at the Bear Paw Bakery at 4 Cedar Avenue. When we were there, they had a small lunch selection and we each had Tomato Tortellini Soup and split a sandwich. We also purchased a goodie from their pastry selection for our dessert. We also picked up some breakfast pastries for the next morning.

Favorite Dish: The Tortellini Soup was very creative and very tasty.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Seniors

Instant Answers: Jasper

Comments

Jasper Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Jasper restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jasper sightseeing.