Miette Hot Springs, Jasper National Park

Jasper National Park

Know about this? Rate It!

Enjoying some tasty leaves
    by scottishvisitor
    by mht_in_la
  • scottishvisitor's Profile Photo

Wildlife in abundance

by scottishvisitor Written Aug 6, 2005

Favorite thing: Spotted this young white tailed stag a stones throw away from the hot spring entrance. He was with another young stag maybe brothers.
    We were sitting on a bench enjoying the sunshine & peace when we looked round to see him happily munching on some leaves.
    They stayed a while untroubled by our presence then moved on a few yards to lie quietly in the long grass. Then a child spooked them (he didn't know they were there) and ran quickly back into the thick forest.

Fondest memory: Jasper will always be in my thoughts everytime I see the slightess movement in quiet places ................ be still & you will see these magnificent creatures & lots more besides.

Enjoying some tasty leaves
    • National/State Park
    • Hiking and Walking

• mht_in_la's Profile Photo

by mht_in_la Updated Jun 29, 2003

Favorite thing: I wasn't sure if I should put Miette Hot Springs in the "must see" section or "general tips" secion. I think while you are in the Rockies, you should at least try hot springs once, either Miette, Radium (Kootenay NP), or the ones in Banff.

The hot springs in Miette are the hottest of all. They have to be cooled down to 40C (104F) for your comfort. There's also one pool at air temperature. It's located 61 km northeast of Jasper townsite, via Highway #16 (towards Edmonton) then turn right on the narrow and winding Miette Hot Springs Road. As of June 2003, the admission was $6.25 (Canadian dollar).

Fondest memory: My fondest memory was to alternate between the hot pools and the cold plunge pool. Almost got me a heart attack.

• National/State Park

Instant Answers: Jasper National Park

Comments

View all Jasper National Park hotels