Places to eat in Jasper National Park

by jamiesno

Most Viewed Restaurants in Jasper National Park

Soft Rock Cafe: My favorite breakfast in Jasper

by Karlie85 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Every time I go to Jasper I have to go to the Soft Rock Cafe for breakfast.
    Located on the main street, the Soft Rock is a cute little restaurant that also serves as an internet cafe (so you can check VT on the go ;)). They serve your standard eggs, toast and bacon, as well as some really delicious omelets and baking. All you have to do is go up to the counter and order what you like, and they will call your name when it is ready.
    You can eat inside or outside, with a nice little patio that is great in the summer.

Favorite Dish: 1 egg (sunny side up), bacon, toast and roasted potatoes ($4.95 for one egg, $5.95 for 2, $6.95 for 3).
    Salmon and asparagus omelet. Fantastic!

• blabla23's Profile Photo

L&W Family Restaurant: Just don't go there

by blabla23 Written Jul 13, 2009

This family restaurant looks actually good, from the outside. Staff is nice, the atmosphere is good, but the food is not. I have never had such a disgusting meal in my whole life. Stay out, no matter what.

• RockiesTraveler's Profile Photo

The Bear Paw Bakery: Bullish on Bear Paw Bakery

by RockiesTraveler Updated Sep 5, 2007

Has the charm of a Mom and Pop place...maybe it is one? We drove past oneday on our coming back from a day's hike only to find it closes before dinner. We went back the next morning to find it packed with people ...hikers, locals, etc all waiting in line for the morning brew and pastry. Popular place for sure.

Favorite Dish: Great coffee and varied selection of pasteries and homemade bread. There are small tables to eat in there. They open early and close late afternoon. We wanted one of the desserts so bad but learned that they close early that we went there for dessert first, then went to a restaurant for dinner! This order of eating is not recommended (ruined dinner) but was worth it...I think.

Papa George's: Classy, very polite

by Karlie85 Updated May 8, 2007

I stopped into Papa George's for lunch on a Saturday afternoon. I got there around 1:45pm, and since they closed at 2pm until supper time, there were only people at one other table. When I walked by later in the evening, the restaurant looked quite busy. The waitress was extremely nice and polite.
    We both ordered the soup and sandwich special for $8. I had beef and barley and Dave had french onion, and both had ceaser salad. The salad and soup were both pretty small, but both very tasty.
    The decor was simple and classy.

L & W Restaurant: Tasty Greek, good price

by Karlie85 Written Apr 29, 2007

L & W was the first restaurant I went to on my last trip to Jasper. After being on the highway for several hours, I was looking for a good, quick, inexpensive meal, and that is what I found here.
    The menu is predominantly Greek food, with pizza, pasta and some other items as well.

We decided to go with the Dolmathes as an appetizer, something we have never tried before. It was 4 rice stuffed vines topped with olive oil and red onion, with tzatziki on the side and a slice of lemon. We were happy with the choice we made. It was an interesting new taste for the both of us, and we liked it :)
    For the main course I had chicken souvlaki, which came with a Greek salad, rice, pita bread and tzatziki. The chicken was some of the tenderest chicken I have had at a restaurant.
    Dave had the Greek cabbage rolls, stuffed with beef, rice, veggies and seasoning, with Greek salad and potato on the side.

• sinjabc's Profile Photo

Icefield Centre: Basic food for lunch

by sinjabc Written Aug 20, 2006

The Icefield Centre was the only place to stop for hot food. The cafeteria services sandwiches, soup, burgers, and chinese food. Decent prices for basic food. We had chicken burgers and fries.

There is a lunch buffet for $18.95 in the dining room.

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

Columbia Ice Field Snack bar: Only if you are REALLLY Hungry ....

by kymbanm Written Aug 31, 2005

Okay, I was really hungry, beyond hungry ..... it was about 1700, and I hadn't eaten real food since breakfast! So off I went into the snack bar while I waited for my tour of the glacier to begin ...........

May I present ........

Favorite Dish: My $5.00 hotdog ..... enough said :)

When you are hungry ...... eat it!
    • National/State Park

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo

Miette Bungalows & Cafe: Before going to Miette Hot Springs

by scottishvisitor Written Aug 2, 2005

The restaurant is part of a holiday complex of bungalows. There is seating inside & an outside deck with abundant flower baskets.
    They have a small gift shop.
    The service was quick & friendly starting with iced water - free & very refreshing on a hot day.

Favorite Dish: Superb sandwiches washed down by a crisp glass of white wine.
    You can have any combination of sandwich served with side salad & a dressing of your choice.

Stop for lunch

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo

Pyramid Lake Resort: Don't miss the lunchtime barbecue

by scottishvisitor Written Aug 2, 2005

Arrived at Pyramid Lake to find this lovely resort of log cabins serving a barbecue lunch.............tast buds tingling..........we ordered burgers & a cold drink and ate alfresco with the beautiful lake for company

Favorite Dish: I would imagine they would do all sorts in their restaurant but we just had the barbecue with a delicious side salad & dips.

Pyramid Lake Resort

• doreenellen's Profile Photo

The Something Else: Greek and Canadian Dishes

by doreenellen Written Feb 11, 2005

Good Greek Restaurant run by a local family whose name was so long, they were advised to call the restaurant something else. So they called it THE SOMETHING ELSE. The kitchen is open plan so you could see the cooking going on. The atmostphere and friendly staff made it a welcome place to eat. There were specials on the menu, greek dishes and many canadian and american dishes. Something for everyone.

Favorite Dish: Chick and Lamp Greek dishes particularly

• Mountain Climbing
    • Skiing and Boarding

• wreckloose's Profile Photo

North Face Pizza: Good food on the go.

by wreckloose Written Mar 25, 2008

Just a local eating spot in Jasper, but I always make a point of stopping here because of the people who work here. Always friendly, and the food is not bad either.

Favorite Dish: The fish and chips... just because.

• Skiing and Boarding

Latest: Jul 20, 2014
Park Place Inn
Latest: Jul 11, 2014

Instant Answers: Jasper National Park

Comments

Jasper National Park Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Jasper National Park locals.
Map of Jasper National Park