Lethbridge Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Lethbridge

• Henry's Restaurant: the most horrible chinese food ever

by lady05677 Updated Apr 5, 2011

We ordered $65.00 worth of chinese food and it was the most disgusting food we have ever tasted. The ginger beef tasted like jerky in a elmers paste glue. The beef and brocolli was more of an over-cooked green slime with chunks of something called beef. The egg rolls were petrified and greasy. All of the food was cold. When we called to complain and to get them to come and get what they called food, the owner told us that her food was the best in town. Apparently her town is on a different planet because I wouldn't have fed it to my dog. We did not get an apology, or a refund, we ended up throwing it all out. I would never order from them again. Gross!!! Gross!!! Gross!!!

Favorite Dish: eeewwwww, I wouldn't eat there

• New Dynasty Restaurant: Stay far away!!!

by jaredmcinelly Written Jul 26, 2008

Worst dining experience I've ever had. Started off when we ordered two of the same appetizers and the waitress only brought one bowl of sauce. We asked for another and she said "that one is big enough." Then she brought half our food and about 15 minutes later she brought the rest. I finally got up and went and tracked down the manager because we still didn't have clean plates to put our food on after 20 minutes of waiting while our food got cold! He didn't even apologize.
    I started to notice that everything was very unprofessional. The wait staff talked to each other so loudly that I had to pause mid sentence and wait for them to finish before I could finish a story. They all had their hair down. When we got the check I expected some type of compensation for the lousy service but we got none. I think the store manager and owner just don't know how to run a restaurant. I would never go there again and, since I'm taking the time to find places to post my opinion, I'm hoping that you won't either.

• Double D's: Terrible restaurant

by dallaslll Written May 1, 2007

My best suggestion is to not even try this place. I went there in the summer and found a hair in my food. I told the guy working (I think it was the owner) and all he said was that it's not theirs, it's mine. I know that my hair wasn't as long as the one in my food and since I saw the cook I know that the hair was about the same length as his.

• New Dynasty Restaurant: Rude staff and manager, verypoor customer service

by nnewland Written Mar 3, 2007

Haven't had this bad customer service in years! I called in an order for pick up for some chinese food for dinner from this restaurant. I then drive all the way there to pick it up and had to wait over 30 minutes. I was ignored by the front waitstaff and when trying to get their attention to enquire where the food was, they kept trying to ignore me. When they did finally talk they were rude - "oh, who are you - did you order here -- really?" This response, after I was the only person waiting 30+ minutes in the front lobby for pick up! I told them my name for the 5th time and that I had ordered pick up and had paid for it with them just a few minutes ago. The food was very cold by the time I got it, the meat could have been cooked properly (i.e., was quite undercooked). Also, the rice had small bits of bone in it. Thankfully, I did not choke on any of these bones.The menu is expensive, especially for the way the manager and waitstaff treat their customers. My advice - avoid this restaurant if you want to have the manager complaining to your face that "the restaurant is busy". Is this a restaurant or some sort of joke - most restaurants (chinese or other) I have been to (all over the world) don't start arguing with their customers when they are clearly in the right. The manager needs to remember what a restaurant is i.e. not just to rip people off just to make money, and actually show some appreciation for the people that attempt to order food.
    A smart, truely appreciative manager would have likely explaining the problem and openly apologized and then offered either a reduction on the food order or perhaps even offered it for free to encourage a poorly treated customer to come back again. Did not even receive this!

Favorite Dish: Summary of all the above feedback is: Rude staff and manager, very poor customer service and all visiting this restaurant will do is stress you out. Don't order the special dishes on the menu, because more than likely you will be told, "that's going to take a long time to cook you know! - are you sure you want that dish?" I actually was told that while taking my wife out for a special wedding anniversary dinner!

• Business Travel

• hawt's Profile Photo

New Dynasty: Top Notch Chinese Food

by hawt Written Apr 4, 2006

You will be welcomed by staff or owner of New Dynasty and escorted to your table. The bright, two level, open facility is smoke free and serves the best Chinese food in Alberta. You can order chinese food prepared for western palate or traditional Chinese dishes. The staff are quiet, pleasant and happy to serve you. No, I do not have an investment in this fine business, but my wife and I were married here.

Favorite Dish: I love ginger beef and hot sour soup. You should also have chow mein or another dish to cool your palate. My wife likes deep fried shrimp and chicken balls dishes. If you like Chinese food, you will be delighted with New Dynasty.

• Seniors
    • Business Travel

• mirrajay's Profile Photo

Treats Eatery: Great Hidden Secret

by mirrajay Written Jun 13, 2004

Most people would drive right by this place, but dont! Our hotel was very close to Treats Eatery and we were given a coupon for a free appetizer, so naturally, we checked it out. Its very small towny like most places in Lethbridge, but the food was awesome! This was my first restaurant experience in Canada, and I was so confused when asked if I wanted gravy with my fries and cheese on my apple pie! Apparently both are very common in Canada (maybe just western Canada, who knows!) This is another one of those places that teaches you to never judge a book by its cover.
    The staff was very nice, service was quick and the price was very affordable. If ever in Lethbridge, give Treats Eatery a shot.

Favorite Dish: Garden burger and fries - it was just plain yummy!!

• glicko's Profile Photo

Coco Pazzo: Coco Pazzo

by glicko Written Sep 2, 2002

Cozy atmoshere. There is a wood-burning stove in the back where they bake their bread (also excellent). Service is very good. Felt quite at home. Better italian food than I expected from a small, Prairie city. Easily the best I've heard of in southern Alberta.

Favorite Dish: Gnocci Strasnocci - d@mn good gnocci (little potato dumplings) with a tomato cream sauce. Yummy. The antipasto plate is also recommended.

• dinhyen's Profile Photo

Brewster's Brewing Company: Canadian beer, yeah!

by dinhyen Written Sep 2, 2002

The first restaurant we tried to look for apparently no longer existed. The second was deserted and apparently rented out to some genealogy convention. It was 9:30pm and getting surreal. Then we spotted Brewster's, part of the Canadian brewery chain. We were half-starved, and the food was heavenly, both of which made for an awesome dining experience :) Oh, the beer was also excellent. I guess Canadians beers are better after all. And it's cheap compared to American prices.

Favorite Dish: Steak, Alberta beef of course

Instant Answers: Lethbridge

Comments

Lethbridge Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lethbridge restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lethbridge sightseeing.