Fairmont Hot Springs Travel Guide

On the trail to the ski hill
  • Fairmont Hot Springs
  • Fairmont Hot Springs

Fairmont Hot Springs Things to Do

• Karlie85's Profile Photo
    Watch out!

by Karlie85 Updated Jan 23, 2007

This is a cute little amusement park on the side of the highway between Radium and Fairmont Hot Springs. They have 18 hole mini golf, bumper cars, a petting zoo (with llamas!), a garden, concession, gift shop and more.
    We were here for the mini golf! The course is laid out in an interesting, but not confusing or boring, way. There were colorful and interesting decorations all throughout. At the end of the course there's a little game set up, and if you get a hole in one you get a free game (which I'm fairly sure exists at all mini-golf courses).Unfortunately I can't remember the exact price, but I think it was around $7 per adult. We went here twice within 3 days. All in all, this is a very fun place to spend an afternoon!

• Theme Park Trips

by Hermanater Written Nov 1, 2005

From the resort you can go for a hike up to the ski hill. It is a steady climb and can be a bit of a work out for those that are not in good shape. The views are worth the effort.

• Hiking and Walking

by Hermanater Written Nov 1, 2005

ONe of the main reasons to visit Fairmont. The pools are large. There is a deep end with two diving boards, a lapp area, children's area, massive hot ( I mean HOT) tub, change rooms and a restaurant.

• Spa and Resort

Fairmont Hot Springs Hotels

Fairmont Hot Springs Warnings and Dangers

by Hermanater Written Jan 10, 2006

This happened at Christmas in the Dominican Republic, but can happen anywhere, that is why I am posting it in all my travel places.

This is something that makes me sick. This is not a place specific concern.

While at the pool I notice a little girl about 2 – 3 yrs old. She had water wings on and was in water over 5 feet deep. There was absolutely nobody watching her. I stayed within a couple feet of her while with my son. After 30 minutes (I thought her parents would come back) I asked her if her mother was around. The girl said yes and quickly left to run to her mother. (I was a stranger so she ran away). I noticed who her parents were.

My dilemma was this; do I make an attempt to tune her parents into reality??? Or do I turn a blind eye and pray nothing happens ??? I know that if something happened to her, I would feel guilty.

I decided that I would keep an eye out for her. The next day, she was left alone in deep water for over 1 hour while her dad was at the other end of the pool reading a magazine. He looked for her every 20 – 30 minutes. Her mother was sleeping on a pool chair the whole time.

The following day an announcements was made that parents must watch their kids and not leave them alone in the pool. Guess what…….

A friend of her family walked to the edge of the pool to check up on her….it took 3 minutes for him to find her. When he did, he said to the father, “oh she is with my son” (who was about 4 – 5 years old). He went back to his chair and they ignored the kids for another hour.

PEOPLE WATCH YOUR KIDS…..AN ALL INCLUSIVE DOES NOT MEAN THEY WILL WATCH OUT FOR YOUR KID.

I took the opportunity to speak very loud to my wife (loud enough for the parents to hear).

I mentioned how parents that do not look after their kids in situations like that should have family services take their children away from them. That is neglect as far as I am concerned.

Instant Answers: Fairmont Hot Springs

Comments

Fairmont Hot Springs Travel Guide
Map of Fairmont Hot Springs