Golden Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Golden

• tanee83's Profile Photo

Snowmobiling at Kicking Horse

by tanee83 Written Feb 12, 2007

White N Wild Adventures provides the best snowmobiling tours!! I payed $250 for a full day, which included a shuttle bus from my hotel in Banff (about 2 or so hour drive), full day of snowmobiling with guided tour, hire of all the clothing and protective gear I required, snacks and hot chocolate (nicest cookies!!), and a great BBQ lunch in the middle of the mountains near an outdoor open fire. You can pay extra and use the more powerful sleds, but I was happy with my smaller one. There's also heaps of different adventures to choose from, like half day, full day (my one!!), two day etc.

The snow was so thick out there in the mountains, and it was so cold, that even through my thermal socks, woollen socks, and those great snowmobiling boots, I still couldn't feel my toes. However, the guides quickly came to my rescue and challenged me to a race up the mountain! Got waist deep in snow - but my toes definately warmed up quickly so deep down!!

It was a great way to end my holiday, and after purchasing a cd of the photos was happy to re-live it all again a week later when I got my package in the mail! Recommended to all!!

• Adventure Travel

• sinjabc's Profile Photo

Not a wolf conservation organization

by sinjabc Written Aug 20, 2006

Northern Lights Wildlife Wolf Centre

I thought this wolves facility would be focused on conservation and protection organization for wolves. It is a place where wolves born in captivity live when not starring in film and television projects.

The tour guide does talk an educational talk about wolves and they are interesting to view. I was disappointed that the organization was not more involved in protection, conservation and awareness in the community and BC at large.

The attraction is still interesting and fun to visit.

There are also opportunities to hike with the wolves for a few hundred dollar a person.

Instant Answers: Golden

Comments

Golden Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Golden things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Golden sightseeing.