Kelowna Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Kelowna

• Darby2's Profile Photo

La Bussola: Exquisite cuisine

by Darby2 Updated Jul 31, 2005

Gillian and I had just come out from the concert about 10:15PM and were looking for a place to eat...but most of the restaurants had closed...except this one.

The friendly hostess welcomed us hungry travellers and we sat down to some great food, simple but soooo tasty.
    The decor is elegant but not pretentious.

Favorite Dish: I had the chicken in herbs and a small Italian salad....splendid!!

Gillian had a small dish of pasta as an appetizer followed by veal Milanese

( See, I got it right!!! )

La Bussola
    • Wine Tasting

• Ken_Weaver's Profile Photo

Earls on Top: Great Food. Great People. and what a view!

by Ken_Weaver Updated Aug 8, 2005

Earls on Top is situated across the street from the waterfront park of Kelowna. The restaurant is staffed with delightful young employees that open the door for you, offer complete and prompt service, and get the orders right! The main restaurant is on the second floor and is nicely appointed with white linen and nice stemware. We opted to go to the roof patio which is still shaded but very comfortable.

Favorite Dish: I had a Southern BBQ Angus Sirloin Sandwich which was marinated beef sirloin in a BBQ sauce with onion jam and jalapeno jack cheese ,served on foccacia bread. Instead of fries I was allowed to have a Caesar Salad at no extra charge. The Kokanee Beer on Tap was a nice accompaniment to the sandwich.

Roof Top Patio of Earls on Top

• Earls on Top: Million Dollar View

by darylmitchell Written May 2, 2005

Earls is a franchise restaurant in western Canada. This particular Earls is located on the top floor of a building right on the shoreline of Lake Okanagan. The view alone makes it worthwhile. It was a little windy but there were plexiglass panels to cut down on the breeze. I could have just sipped wine and stared out at the setting sun making the water sparkle. The meal only added to the whole experience. The service was pretty good. Prices tend to be just a little higher at Earls but I thought it was money well spent.

Favorite Dish: Honestly, I cannot remember what I ate here. It was good, though, as I enjoyed the meal. It was likely either a salmon or pasta dish. Food at Earls is consistently good no matter what city I'm in. This Earls also has, as you'd expect, an extensive selection of wine from the local Okanagan wineries.

• Wine Tasting

• VDElvis's Profile Photo

Earls: Best location in town

by VDElvis Written Feb 11, 2007

Earls is a popular chain restaurant in BC. What makes this one so special is the location. Located on the corner of Bernard and Abbott, this restaurant is almost right on the water, overlooking Lake Okanagan. Ask to sit on the rooftop patio and you will get probably the best view in town.

Favorite Dish: I like the chicken curry.

• Carmanah's Profile Photo

Momo Sushi: Casual Japanese restaurant

by Carmanah Updated Jun 19, 2007

What a cute little find. Located in the heart of Bernard Street in downtown Kelowna, we stumbled upon Momo as a place to eat for some comfort food. Craving miso or udon soup, we sat down at our table for two and feasted upon the menu.

Favorite Dish: I had the miso soup and the spicy tuna roll. It was perfectly made in decent-sized portions.

• Ken_Weaver's Profile Photo

DJ's Restaurant Ltd: Mexican Cuisine on the Waterfront

by Ken_Weaver Updated Aug 8, 2005

DJ's is located in the Okanagan Grand Hotel building although you enter from Water Street. It has a touch of elegance that you don't often see in "Mexican" restaurants....on pinatas but instead beautiful pottery embedded into a wall overhead....we were fortunate to get a table on the patio where a guitarist was playing..althought it was a very hot evening, there was enough of a breeze to make it delightful.

Favorite Dish: Our group started the evening with the special drink of the night- a Strawberry Banana Margarita- very refreshing and well made, served in beautiful stemware with a deep blue rim. We had Baja Tacos...with fish! and that included beans and rice, all very tastefully prepared. My son had a nacho platter which was beautiful presented with all of the accompaniments...sour cream, guacamole, cilantro. The service was good and the employees quite efficient and professional.

The restaurant is wheelchair accessible, open lunch and dinner, and reservations are requested although were not necessary at 10pm the night we were there.

• Freddy's Brewpub: Good beer, quality food.

by MicroRob Updated Jun 14, 2004

Beer made onsite that you can enjoy in the pub or in the bowling alley. The head chef, John, makes great curry dishes on Fridays. Large theater complex is right next door so have dinner and a beer, then take in a movie.

Favorite Dish: Try any of the curry dishes on Fridays or for a light snack anytime try the Chop Chop Salad.

• Beer Tasting

DJ's Restaurant: Good Mexican food with flair

by sinjabc Written Jul 10, 2006

We were recommended this Mexican restaurant by a friend. I was instantly impressed by the decor and ambiance. The food was very good and the drinks were great. Service was fantastic. Almost all of us had fajitas and margaritas.

The fountain by the bathroom entrance was a nice touch.

• Carmanah's Profile Photo

DeDutch Pannkoek House: Dutch breakfasts

by Carmanah Updated Jun 19, 2007

This is a Dutch-themed breakfast restaurant chain that has several locations around the province. They generally aren't the fanciest of places but provide a casual, family-friendly atmosphere where you can enjoy their famous Dutch pancakes. Dutch pancakes are like crepes - really thin and large enough that they take up the entire plate. They're normally topped with a variety of sweet or savory toppings.

I've had breakfast at this location twice - in July 2001 and August 2004. Both times there were many families with young children eating here. When you walk in, there's a little gift shop selling all kinds of Dutch souvenirs like clogs, little ceramic figurines of children in traditional Dutch hats, etc. It's a bit hokey but I guess somebody's buying those things!

Favorite Dish: The Windmill - one large pannkoek with alternating slices of melted Edam cheese and BC smoked salmon, served with a side of Hollandaise sauce. I wrapped it up like a crepe and poured the sauce over top. It was delicious and hit the spot.

They also serve fresh squeezed orange juice - the real deal, not the frozen stuff.

• SkiBunni's Profile Photo

Chia Baba Tea House: Don't like coffee?

by SkiBunni Written Nov 6, 2006

Tea and lots of it. I may have gotten the exact name wrong but that is the general idea. I think it's the first real tea house in Kelowna and let me tell you, if you don't like coffee, there isn't much else in town. Starbucks and Tim Horton's all the way. Not that I don't like them, but for a good cup of tea this is the place to go and try some.

• La Bussola: BEWARE!

by tracer1 Updated Nov 26, 2006

Made a reservation two weeks in advance for 7pm. Arrived 10 minutes early and they had mistakenly given our table away. We were then given a table for two for four people, we barely had room for our wine glasses. Went to the ladies roomm around 7:15, there is only one toilet, it was plugged. informed our waitress of the problem.
    She told us the special was sole, we ordered it, she then came back to tell us she was out of specials, we had to reorder. Bread was served to us still frozen in the center, we sent it back and 15 minutes later were given more bread, still frozen in the center.
    8pm, tried the wasroom again. Still plugged! A line up had formed outside of the mens washroom, both men and woman. mens wasroom was a mess with feces on the one toilet seat.
    Food well.......fettucine was terrible. Veal was good. Asked for vegatables, recieved two small slices of zucchinni. Asked dfor caeser salad, they dont have it on the menu, is this not an italian restaurant?
    Our bill was $300.00, We did not even have dessert or coffee. should have been $275.00 she overcharged, good thing we checked the bill. They charged us $13.00 for a martini, and $13.00 for a glass of local wine! Do we live in Kelowna or New York???
    All in all a terrible dining experience.

Pheasant and Quail Pub: Great Pub For Grub

by sinjabc Written May 25, 2006

We ate here on our trip because a person with us had been here before on a business trip. During our long weekend in Kelowna, we ate here three times (twice for lunch and once for dinner). We tried the appetizers, clubhouse sandwich, and martinis. Food and service was always very good.

Lakeside Dining: Best Seafood Brunch

by sinjabc Updated Apr 4, 2011

We dined on the delicious and satisfying Sunday seafood brunch in the Lakeside dining room in the Eldorado Hotel. We were guests of the hotel and used our food vouchers for the brunch.

The brunch offered cold and heated dishes for brunch, but also tempted us with snow crab legs, prawns, scallops, salmon, and shrimp.

The dessert selection was heavenly, best way to end it all--cheesecake!

Be sure to make a reservation.

Favorite Dish: Prawns with cocktail dip and crepes made to order.

• fdylan's Profile Photo

Boston Pizza: Pasta!

by fdylan Written Mar 22, 2012

My favourite retaurant in Kelowna with great variety spanning from pizza to ribs. Go... NOW!

Favorite Dish: Jambalaya Fettuccini is the best meal with spicy italian sausage, shrimp and delicious noodles. Order it when you go and you will see why its my favourite.

• fdylan's Profile Photo

Montana's Cookhouse: Delicious Barbecue Food!

by fdylan Written Jun 7, 2013

This restaurant has very great service and is very family friendly. The food is quite good mostly consisting of meats such as steak and ribs, but also varying with shrimp, chicken and burgers.
    If you come on your birthday, they sing and put a horned helmet on you and take a picture for you to take home.

Instant Answers: Kelowna

Comments

Kelowna Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kelowna restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kelowna sightseeing.