Nanaimo Shopping

Fascinating Rhythm - Nanaimo
    Fascinating Rhythm - Interior
    by pieter_jan_v
    Exploring the boxes in the back

Most Recent Shopping in Nanaimo

• kehale's Profile Photo

Well Read Books: The Best Book Store

by kehale Updated Aug 6, 2014

Both myself and my daughter are crazy about books and reading, so when I stumbled across this store on Commercial St we absolutely had to pop in. The place is huge with an abundance of previously loved books at great prices. I could've spent all day in there browsing and I believe my daughter would have also loved it. The kids section (which is the size of a separate store and named "Well Read Kids" was great. Lots of toys and books for the kids to check out, with little spots for them sit back and enjoy everything. We left with only one book, but I plan to go back during my next trip and I can't wait. If you are into bookstores, especially one's that may offer special or unique books, this is the place for you.
    The best part about this book store is that by shopping there you are giving back to the community. All proceeds from the store support free literacy tutoring on the island.

• Study Abroad

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Commericial Street: The Main Shopping Street

by pieter_jan_v Written Oct 11, 2012

Commericial Street is the right name for this curved street that is one of a kind in the mostly straight running Nanaimo streets. Both sides of this street are packed with shop, restaurants and some other businesses. In short: There's something for everyone.

What to buy: Whatever you need.

Commercial Street - Nanaimo
    • Hiking and Walking

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Fascinating Rhythm: 25 Years of grammophone records

by pieter_jan_v Written Oct 11, 2012

Fascinating Rhythm isNanaimo's premier independent music shop since 1988. The store sells Compact Discs, Records, Movies and Books. It's one of the Top 5 best records stores in Canada and for a reason. I had a hard time to use my limited time while trying to select records of my hihest interest. You have to be on floor level, at the back of the store, look in boxes with unknown content and do a lot more. But on all these spots it's like open a treasury. This is one shop that I must re-visted!

Business hours:
    Mo-Sa: 10AM - 6PM
    Su: 11AM - 5PM

What to buy: Records.

What to pay: Reasonable prices.

Fascinating Rhythm - Nanaimo Fascinating Rhythm - Interior Fascinating Rhythm - Nanaimo Exploring the boxes in the back A true Dutch record: Corry en de Rekels
    • Music

• Karolina01's Profile Photo

Nanaimo marina: Live crab

by Karolina01 Written Aug 27, 2006

We didn't buy crab to cook, no. But during the trip we had crab in some restaurants and the price was around $40.

Instant Answers: Nanaimo

Comments

Nanaimo Shopping

Reviews and photos of Nanaimo shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nanaimo sightseeing.