Pemberton Travel Guide

• McDonalds  (the golden arches weren't seen)
    McDonalds (the golden arches weren't...
  • Pemberton
  • Black Bear crossing the road infront of our car
    Black Bear crossing the road infront of...

Pemberton Things to Do

by balhannah Updated Jul 19, 2010

I think I could safely say that the D'Arcy road is good for Bear Spotting. On our way to D'Arcy, two walked across the road infront of our car, then we saw another one, and the way back to Pemberton, another!

During the Fraser Canyon Gold Rush of 1858, D'Arcy was a major port, having Transport steamers and other Boats plying a route from Anderson Lake at D'Arcy onto Lillooet.
    The small town of D'Arcy is a residential area of the N'quatqua First Nation people. It is situated at the end of a pretty valley, at the head of Anderson Lake, approx 42 km from Pemberton.
    On this drive, I have never seen so many "Painted Horses," it really was a lovely drive, and one made very exciting by all the Black Bear sightings!

Black Bear crossing the road infront of our car

by balhannah Written Jul 19, 2010

The Nairn Falls are located in the Nairn Provincial Park, about 3kms south of Pemberton.

The 1.5 Km walk is easy, and it is well worth doing.
    The trail passes by lots of pines whilst following the cliff banks of the fast flowing Green River to the waterfall. It was in this area, where I saw evidence of Woodpeckers.

Once I reached the Falls, I found two lookout platforms both were situated on a a large rocky outcrop. The lower lookout provides views of the river and some of the lower portions of the falls.
    The upper lookout looks up and down the bedrock passages at the falls. The river tumbles its way down the mountainside, reaching a narrow channel of bedrock forming the 60metre drop of Nairn Falls.
    The water has such force, that holes in the rocks have been carved, and it is here, where the water is a frothy, swirling cauldron.

This walk I enjoyed, and I thought the Falls were impressive!

The entrance gates are closed from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.

Nairn Falls
    • Hiking and Walking
    • National/State Park
    • Birdwatching

by balhannah Updated Jul 19, 2010

This park is located outside of Pemberton, on the way to Whistler. Evidently, 150million years ago, this area was a giant ocean

A nice park, there were quite a few choices of trails that I could do. I can't say I really wanted to, as when we entered the entrance to the park, the was a Black Bear feeding.
    Hiking trails were to Nairn Falls, One Mile Lake Trail, and Coudre Point.

I did the Nairn Falls Trail which is part of a 3km (1-hour) round trip route to the falls. The trail started at the parking lot and ended at the falls. It was a pleasant walk alongside Green River which was running very fast, and luckily, I did not run into a Bear! I saw lots of Woodpecker marks, but not a Woodpecker!

The One Mile Lake Trail is approx 2kms north of the campground, and is a swimming and play area at One Mile Lake. The trail leaves the park from the southeast corner of the campground. This trail is not regularly marked and is not maintained, so be careful! The River water is extremely cold!

Coudre Point Trail follows the bank of the Green River to Coudre Point.

Facilities are a day-use picnic area with picnic tables, a fire pit, and toilets.

I didn't see it, but Nairn Falls is home to the rubber boa, one of the most cold-tolerant snake species. Smallest of the boa constrictor family, its average length is only 45 cm. Its nocturnal habits mean that this shy snake is rarely observed.

Walking alongside the Green River Nairn P/Pk
    • Birdwatching
    • Hiking and Walking
    • National/State Park

Pemberton Hotels

Pemberton Restaurants

by balhannah Updated Apr 4, 2011

This little restaurant was recommended to us by the Hitching Post Motel Owner.

It is set in a paddock, and doesn't look much from the outside, don't let this put you off!

Inside, it was very homely. We ordered, and received excellent home cooked style food and enjoyed it very much! Friendly service and lots of outdoor seats with good views. As it was evening, we opted for inside seating, but outdoors, they did have plenty of fires burning for warmth. The prices were reasonable and choice was good.

The Owner's were there, and what friendly, nice people they were. They made our Dinner a very nice experience, one that we will always remember and tell others about.

It was overflowing with customers after we arrived, so everybody must know how good it is!

The cookhouse

Instant Answers: Pemberton

Comments

Pemberton Travel Guide
Map of Pemberton