Port Coquitlam Travel Guide

• My prosciutto and bocconcini panini - Yum!
    My prosciutto and bocconcini panini -...
    Reaching the Marsh
    It was worth it!

Port Coquitlam Things to Do

• sunnywong's Profile Photo

by sunnywong Updated Nov 1, 2006

Best time to view at October each year.
    === my video clip ===

• sunnywong's Profile Photo

by sunnywong Updated Nov 1, 2006

Best time of watching at October each year. The creek was teeming with salmon trying to make their way up the creek. Hyde Creek is about 2 miles from Hoy Creek, so you can easily visit both creeks if you want.
    === my video clip ===

• Port Coquitlam Hotels

3 Hotels in Port Coquitlam

123 Reviews and Opinions

Port Coquitlam Hotels

Port Coquitlam Restaurants

by kehale Written Jun 24, 2012

I'd first heard about this place when one of their flier's arrived in our mail one day. On the first day of summer, I suggested to my boyfriend that we head there for dinner. We each had a panini, and they were absolutely delicious. They make the sandwiches to order, and the bread is a fresh rosemary focaccia. All the sandwiches come with a very small side of pasta salad, but it was perfect for us as we were able to feed them to our little girl who really enjoyed it. Afterwards, we HAD to order some gelato... and we're so glad we did. The people there were so friendly and encouraged us to try any of the flavours that they had.
    In the end my boyfriend opted for a scoop of Biscotti and a scoop of Chocolate Peanut Butter. I went for a scoop of Blood Orange and a scoop of White Chocolate. This gelato is fantastic and we're so glad we've found somewhere to go for gelato on a nice day, or even an after dinner coffee if we want to get out of the house. I am sure this will become our new go-to dessert place!

Favorite Dish: The white chocolate gelato I had on our first trip was incredible, but with so many different flavours to try I am sure I will discover a new "favourite" every time that we visit!

• kehale's Profile Photo
    My prosciutto and bocconcini panini - Yum!

by kehale Written Mar 25, 2012

In March of 2012, while we were searching for a rental in Coquitlam, I found GianCarlo's online when looking for a good place to have lunch. We expected to just pop in, grab a sandwich and take it to a park to eat. Instead, we found a nice little deli, with a small seating area, where we were able to sit and enjoy our delicious sandwiches. The staff were friendly, and brought our sandwiches over to us at the table after we ordered. They also have a store full of other Italian specialty foods - something we would like to explore a little more if we get a rental not too far away.

Favorite Dish: I had ordered the prosciutto and bocconcini panini. It was delicious and the bread was soft and fresh - which always makes a sandwich great! My boyfriend had the meatball sub. He said the homemade meatballs and sauce, were a bit sweet (but not in a bad way), and gooey cheese. He was also pleased with this sandwich... especially the fresh bread! We're recommend either of these delicious sandwiches!

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Port Coquitlam? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Port Coquitlam Sports & Outdoors

Reaching the Marsh 1 more image

by kehale Written Mar 11, 2013

We decided to make our trip to Lake Minnekhada on an overcast March Sunday. We were itching to get out of the house as a family and be active, and when we found Lake Minnekhada online we knew we had to go. We made the short drive from our home, and when we arrived we couldn't believe we were still in the same town. The setting was so beautiful, and we were thrilled that somewhere with such a great trail system was so close to our home. You have your choice of trails to take, and the way that the trail system works, means you can really choose how difficult your hike will be and how long you want to be out for. We decided to take the Quarry Trail, making our total hike 4.2km. While I wouldn't call it an advanced hike, it definitely had a bit of challenging parts, so if you are looking for a leisurely stroll threw the woods - this is not the trail to take. We originally planned to make it up to the High Knoll, which apparently has an incredibly view, but by the time we made it there our 19 month old was a little whinny, riding in the hiking pack, so we decided to pass that time. She did love the marsh area when we arrived to it though and was happy to quack and wave at the ducks, and do some walking herself on some much flatter ground. It is definitely a beautiful setting for a hike with just the right amount of challenges to get some great exercise. If you are looking to explore a number of parks in the Greater Vancouver Area, I would recommend a visit to Lake Minnekhada Regional Park.

Equipment: Driving is the best way to get to the park since it is off the beaten path in the Coquitlam area. Make sure you have comfortable shoes, preferably something we good treads - there are definitely some rocky areas and if they are wet, you'll need some good grip. Bring along a small pack with water and some snacks, and just like any other hike make sure you are dressed appropriately for the weather. We think an overcast day is always nice for a hike.

Be aware the park does have extensive bear and cougar habitat - so always make sure you are aware of your surroundings and don't be dropping food anywhere that you walk, or wander off the trails.

• Adventure Travel
    • Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Port Coquitlam

Comments

Port Coquitlam Travel Guide
Map of Port Coquitlam