Surrey Shopping

• briantravelman's Profile Photo

Terry's No Frills: Cheapest Place To Buy Groceries

by briantravelman Written Jul 5, 2014
    The Description Says It All

I spent the night at my cousin's place, and he brought me here to buy food and beverages. He said this is the cheapest place in Surrey to buy groceries, and I have to agree with him. The prices here were much lower, than at other grocery stores. I wish he told us about this place earlier.
    They have a lot of the same stuff you find anywhere else, but they also have some chips, snacks, and hot sauces, that you won't find in the U.S. I brought some stuff back to the states with me.
    This place is really affordable. You can buy a lot, for a low price, which is really rare in Vancouver.
    If you're staying in Surrey for a few days, and need to buy groceries, do it here. If anything, it's worth shopping here, just to see the hot Punjabi girls.

What to buy: Chips and hot sauces, that they don't have in the U.S.

What to pay: Most items were between 2.50 and 5 CAD.

• briantravelman's Profile Photo

Krakus Deli: Real Polish Food, At A Decent Price

by briantravelman Updated Feb 2, 2014

Krakus Deli Sign

Surrey, along with the rest of Vancouver, is a very diverse city. One of the largest culture groups in the city, are the Poles, so it's no surprised that there are several Polish stores located in Surrey. The best one in my opinion, is Krakus Deli located in Whalley.
    The deli was opened in 1993, and the lady who owns it is a real Pole. We were speaking Polish with her the whole time. Unlike the American and Canadian super market, that sell their versions of Polish food, this deli sells 100% authentic Polish food.
    We bought some meat, sausages, bread, coffee, pastries, jello, and chocolates. We paid around $40 for everything, but for so much stuff, it wasn't a bad deal, and the lady was really nice, and gave us 10 buns for free.
    This is probably the best Polish deli in Surrey. We went to another deli, but the owner was a jerk.
    If you're looking for authentic Polish food, with friendly staff, Krakus is the place to come.

What to buy: Polish sausage, meat, coffee, soup, bread, buns, pastries, cookies, sandwiches, spices, and Poland's famous alcohol chocolates.

Instant Answers: Surrey

Comments

Surrey Shopping

Reviews and photos of Surrey shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Surrey sightseeing.