architecture, Vancouver

Know about this? Rate It!

Upside Down House
  • ricknkat's Profile Photo

Vancouver

by ricknkat Written Nov 11, 2002
    wife and wierd friend Darin @ City Hall

Favorite thing: As an architect I was very anxious to see the City Hall building because I had seen it in so many books and movies. It is all exposed concrete with a huge interior atrium and glass roofs over some of the meeting spaces which although no doubt illegal, it was nonetheless very fun to climb out on these roofs and look down at the people and furniture far below. I have also heard from several people that Victoria Island is very beautiful but we were only in the city for a weekend and didn't get a chance to go there.

Fondest memory: Driving around in the rain observing (only) the many soaking wet prostitutes in the red light district

• Packerman's Profile Photo

Go to the big city park on the...

by Packerman Written Sep 13, 2002

Favorite thing: Go to the big city park on the water.

Fondest memory: As we entered the city I thought I was transported back to the early 70's because of all the same-style apartment complexes in the city. I thought they were quite ugly, however to this day I can't get them out of my mind, and now looking back maybe they weren't so ugly?

• crazyk's Profile Photo

Modern buildings.

by crazyk Written Jun 1, 2005

Favorite thing: Vancouver has a large and bright skyline, I have never seen a city with so many 35 story buildings, but they can't seem to get any higher than that, except this building here.

• MarvintheMartian's Profile Photo

Amazing Buildings

by MarvintheMartian Written Nov 22, 2004
    Sheraton Wall Centre

Favorite thing: This is the Sheraton Wall Centre taken during my stay. I was on the 31st floor and took this picture out of my window.

To see the full version, click to open in a new window.

Instant Answers: Vancouver