wildlife, Vancouver

Know about this? Rate It!

• wildlife
    by GentleSpirit
    You silly tourist:)
    by GentleSpirit
  • Elvis has been spotted again in downtown Vanvouver
    Elvis has been spotted again in downtown...
    by nigelw6443
  • nigelw6443's Profile Photo

Elvis has left the building!

by nigelw6443 Written Jul 23, 2004

Elvis has been spotted again in downtown Vanvouver

Favorite thing: You will find dotted around the city a number of Orcas or Killer Whales. They are painted with some wonderful designs. This one in particular caught my attention outside the Virgin Mega store on Robson.

• somewhere's Profile Photo

somewhere's General Tip

by somewhere Written Aug 25, 2002

Fondest memory: For the record, I have to say I'm against feeding wild animals. This picture was taken because as Dominique and I were sitting by a pond in Stanley Park, this duck was just hanging around. We wanted to see how domesticated it was. The fact that it fed straight out of our hands is quite sad....

• Simonneeddy's Profile Photo

CANADA GEESE very tame

by Simonneeddy Updated Nov 30, 2002

Favorite thing: CANADA GEESE very tame and looking to be fed. We see them often in the spring and fall in Quebec as they are passing through but they are very WILD and you can't get near them at all. We had over 100 per day in a field behind our house this year (April 27th 2002)

• Meadows11's Profile Photo

A Wonderful Place

by Meadows11 Written Jan 25, 2005

Favorite thing: What a fantastic city! If you can manage to see as much of Vancouver away from the bustling city centre, then I'm sure you'll have a truly astonishing time. Some of the natural beauties on offer are beautiful, and 'tis an amazing experience, horse riding bareback on an open plain.

Fondest memory: I was fortunate enough to be staying on a family member's ranch, and once I was comfortable with the area and the wildlife, it was breathtaking to be able to arise at the crack of dawn (cockeril assisted) and jump on a horse galloping through the fields.

• Luxury Travel
    • Horse Riding

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

wildlife of sorts

by GentleSpirit Written Aug 23, 2011

You silly tourist:)

Favorite thing: I was relaxing at Canada Place when this bird landed on the rail next to me.
    He seemed to have quite an attitude but at least he let me snap a few photos of him

• Birdwatching