Biltmore Cabaret, Vancouver

Kingsway and 12th 395 Kingsway

Know about this? Rate It!

• Biltmore Cabaret: Future Best Live Music Venue in Vancouver??

by Numskull Updated Dec 13, 2007

Well it looks like a proper medium scale new live music venue has finally opened in Vancouver and guess what it isn't downtown!!

Not to the bash the Railway or Richards. But I think the New Biltmore is going to give the rest of them a run for their money. I'm not going to plug the bands that played on Monday (Choir Practice and Buttless Chaps) just the space itself.
    First off this is the first show I've been to in Vancouver in 5 years that I can say the sound was perfect. It was loud enough to shake the ceiling but mixed in a way that I could order a drink and talk to the people I was with without waking up with a sore throat. And I could actually hear and understand the vocals...What a novelty!! If they keep that up I think they will have a lot of regulars. For an (unofficial) opening night I was impressed. Great space great vibe. Perfect size (400 people I think) and great sight lines to the stage (except for a few pillars).

Impressive start and I think this venue will be a perfect shot in the arm to the mediocre live music scene in Vancouver.

Dress Code: Not on that night.

• Gay and Lesbian