Know about this? Rate It!
Van Dusen Botanical Garden
A 55 acre garden featuring plants from far and wide includung west coast natives and Canada's largest collections of rhododendrons. It is beautifully landscaped with a maze, waterfalls, ponds and different scenes..
Van Dusen Gardens - A Place to Relax
When you've realized you've crammed too much into your itinerary in Vancouver then I'd suggest you take a trip to Van Dusen Gardens (at 37th & Oak). It includes an expansive array of different scenery with plants from all over the world. Bring a picnic lunch and/or a book and just relax. The cost is minimal.
On your way back walk east on 33rd Avenue past my old high school, Eric Hamber, and up the hill to Queen Elizabeth Park, also known as "Little Mountain". This venue also features a wonderful garden, albeit on a much smaller scale. The main gardens here are free but the enclosed conservatory does have a fee.
- Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
The VanDusen Botanical garden...
The VanDusen Botanical garden is a place that few Vancouverites have heard of, much less visited. Why...I don't know! Given the mild climate in the city almost anything will grow...and grow well, at that. The garden boasts something like 7,500 different plant varieties from six continents. It is a place of endless beauty.
The botanical garden is set-up along climatical lines, with special 'walks' that take you from, say, a Sino Himalayan Garden to a path filled with Magnolias, Japanese Cherries, Pacific Dogwood, Camellias, Rhododendrons, to name a few. Their homepage is excellent and will help you plan your visit, based on their 'bloom' calendar. This traveler recommends a fall trip. My photo shown here, taken in October, might offer some enticement. Enjoy!
Van Dusen Botanical Gardens...
Van Dusen Botanical Gardens ... I'll write more later but that's my tip in case you're here before I update the page!
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
Vancouver Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Beserah Hotels
- Willoughby Beach Hotels
- Sliema Hotels
- South Manitou Island Hotels
- Abu Dhabi
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path