Bridges, Vancouver

3 out of 5 stars 7 Reviews

1696 Duranleau Street, Vancouver (604) 687-4400

• Ava and her personal dish warmed up for her!
    Ava and her personal dish warmed up for...
    by Ann75
    Views in the area Bridges restaurant!
    by Ann75
    Another photo of the exterior of Bridges
  • Ann75's Profile Photo

Bridges Restaurant: Great views and pretty good food

by Ann75 Written Aug 28, 2013

I have been here several times for lunch with a friend of mine. The atmosphere is great, and the food quite good...the dishes we ordered were always very good. The staff is very friendly and the views are fantastic as well. They were also very accommodating to little children as our little girl came along several times. They provide high chairs and when she was not eating solids yet they happily warmed up her jar of food (that I brought) without any problems. They even put it in a nice dish for her!

The atmosphere is great here and the views are amazing, the food is a bit pricey but mostly very good. It can get very busy here in the warmer summer months.

Favorite Dish: I would recommend to order seafood here as that is their specialty. You can order all kinds of other meals, but seafood is their best. We have had the wild sockeye salmon filet before as well as the mussels and these dishes are delicious. I can't remember which dishes we had before, but mostly they involved fish or other seafood and it's always good.

You may also want to ask what dishes they recommend, usually they will recommend their most popular and best dishes they have.

• Carmanah's Profile Photo

Bridges: Casual west coast with a great patio!

by Carmanah Updated Mar 28, 2006

Bridges Restaurant on Granville Island

Bridges is, in all honesty, a touristy restaurant with one of the largest patios in the city. However, as a touristy restaurant it does really well and serves some delicious food. If you're looking for a casual seafood restaurant and are wanting to soak up some sun, you can't really beat the patio at Bridges.

Whether you want a formal or a casual experience at Bridges depends on whether you eat inside in their dining room or outside on their patio. I have never eaten inside, but I would imagine that it's more formal upstairs inside and completely casual downstairs and outside.

Favorite Dish: There is a separate menu for when you sit outside on the patio. It appears to offer more casual pub food like burgers, salads, pizzas and appetizers.

To drink, their Hurricane is really good. For $6 a glass it has Appleton rum, mango, orange & cranberry juices.

For $8 the homous and pitas was good, but I have had better elsewhere.

The samosa springrolls were absolutely delicious for $8.

Next time I go to Bridges, I'll probably want to sit inside and try their extended seafood menu as it tends to offer more elaborate seafood entrees.

• rmdw's Profile Photo

Bridges: A nice place to sit outside and have a drink

by rmdw Written Jul 22, 2004

Bridges Restaurant, Granville Island

Bridges is a magnet for tourists, especially in the summer. The reason is obvious: The location is magnificent, right beside the water on popular Granville Island.

But the food is mediocre at best. My recommendation would be to only go if you can sit outside. Then only order a drink and possibly a small snack.

• Aragina's Profile Photo

Bridges Restaurant: Bridges Restaurant

by Aragina Written Aug 25, 2002

You can sit outside on Granville Island and watch the world go by, we had tremendous fun star watching, it was amazing the amount of TV actors that frequented the Island :-)
    . It also has inside a bistro, dining room and a pub

Favorite Dish: We just had Sanwiches and Coffee, as we were just a tad peckish, but the menu if I could remember it was superb.

• You should try to visit the...

by Psychokiwi Written Aug 24, 2002

You should try to visit the Bridges Restaurant.
    The restaurant offers a great view onto the water. You also have the option of dinning inside our outside on the dock.

Favorite Dish: I had the lobster dinner one time and it was great! If you're willing to pay the price of it, I would recommend a seafood dish. For dessert, I had a banana split that was scrumptious.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo

Bridges: Seafood

by Jim_Eliason Written Aug 16, 2009

Bridges

Very touristy but still decent food and a great view in the middle of the action at Granville Island.

• cwest03's Profile Photo

Bridges: Bridges

by cwest03 Written Aug 24, 2002

On th ewaterfron at Grandville Island. I'm told that when the sun is out it's impossible to find a seat on their deck. A nice place to have a drink and people watch.

Favorite Dish: bloody mary