Cloud Nine, Vancouver

• rmdw's Profile Photo

Cloud Nine: Good Restaurant At The Top of Vancouver

by rmdw Updated Apr 4, 2011

The View From Cloud Nine

I've lived in Vancouver much of my life but had never been to this restaurant before. I'm not really sure why. Perhaps I always thought of revolving restaurants as more for tourists.

Anyhow, on the 2nd last day of 2005 I finally tried it out! The view is indeed spectacular You gaze outside as your table slowly rotates around the building. I was curious to learn how long it would take to complete one revolution so I placed a package of sugar on the outer ledge, which doesn't rotate. And I waited ... and waited ... and waited. When I knew we were at the same spot as when we first got there I discovered that my sugar pack had been taken ... likely by some brat kid spoiling my grand experiment! So I'll let you in on a little secret: The time lapse photo shown below is fake! The time's about right but the 2nd sugar pack was planted. Shhhh, don't tell anyone!

Favorite Dish: The food here was pretty good, not spectacular, but not bad. One's obviously paying for the ambience and overall I thought it was worth it.

• Wine Tasting

• msison's Profile Photo

Cloud Nine: Revolving..

by msison Written Jul 25, 2003

Breakfast is wonderful..real Canadian bacon..beats the American strip by far!

This restaurant offers you a 360 degree view of Vancouver. You won't even realise your spinning until someone notices the floor is moving by looking down.

• jsalahub's Profile Photo

The Cloud Nine Restaurant: The Cloud Nine Restaurant

by jsalahub Written Aug 25, 2002

THE VIEW!!! The Cloud Nine is one of two revolving restaurants in Vancouver. It takes about 45 minutes (I think) to revolve a complete 360 degrees, but it is amazing, especially in the evening (try and catch a sunset). Vancouver really is a lovely city. This picture is of Karin, Matt and I...one last hurrah before K took off for Beijing and Matt left to join the PeaceCorps. Needless to say, we spent most of the time ordering martini after martini and fantasizing what it would be like to live in the swankiest penthouses we could see!

Favorite Dish: The food is okay, I had oysters on the half shell here for the first time - yummy!! But, it is a little expensive and the service tends to be slow.

Instant Answers: Vancouver

Comments

Hotels Near Cloud Nine